Tracing a phone number.

JonnoJonno

Banned
Some wicked members of the press dialled famous people's phones and accessed their voice messages, using the remote default passnumber that comes with the service. Very underhand. It is said that the O2 default pass number is 8705. Frightful. Often times they would ring the number and wait to be put through to answerphone, then simply key '*' then 901 for the voicemail followed by that previous number. Shocking.

I don't know why I wrote that, but it is a subject of some interest to many followers of the press.
 

Joe_Crow

War Hero
JonnoJonno said:
Some wicked members of the press dialled famous people's phones and accessed their voice messages, using the remote default passnumber that comes with the service. Very underhand. It is said that the O2 default pass number is 8705. Frightful. Often times they would ring the number and wait to be put through to answerphone, then simply key '*' then 901 for the voicemail followed by that previous number. Shocking.

I don't know why I wrote that, but it is a subject of some interest to many followers of the press.

Really?

So if I had an O2 mobile phone, someone could access my voicemail merely by dialling my number, waiting for the phone to go to voicemail, then keying in *9018705. That would be quite worrying if I had an O2 phone, particularly if I had been misbehaving.
 

Merlin28

War Hero
Joe_Crow said:
JonnoJonno said:
Some wicked members of the press dialled famous people's phones and accessed their voice messages, using the remote default passnumber that comes with the service. Very underhand. It is said that the O2 default pass number is 8705. Frightful. Often times they would ring the number and wait to be put through to answerphone, then simply key '*' then 901 for the voicemail followed by that previous number. Shocking.

I don't know why I wrote that, but it is a subject of some interest to many followers of the press.

Really?

So if I had an O2 mobile phone, someone could access my voicemail merely by dialling my number, waiting for the phone to go to voicemail, then keying in *9018705. That would be quite worrying if I had an O2 phone, particularly if I had been misbehaving.

Thankgod I am not with O2 being with Vodaphone I don't have much use for a mobile as I rarely have any signal
 

JonnoJonno

Banned
Merlin28 said:
Joe_Crow said:
JonnoJonno said:
Some wicked members of the press dialled famous people's phones and accessed their voice messages, using the remote default passnumber that comes with the service. Very underhand. It is said that the O2 default pass number is 8705. Frightful. Often times they would ring the number and wait to be put through to answerphone, then simply key '*' then 901 for the voicemail followed by that previous number. Shocking.

I don't know why I wrote that, but it is a subject of some interest to many followers of the press.

Really?

So if I had an O2 mobile phone, someone could access my voicemail merely by dialling my number, waiting for the phone to go to voicemail, then keying in *9018705. That would be quite worrying if I had an O2 phone, particularly if I had been misbehaving.

Thankgod I am not with O2 being with Vodaphone I don't have much use for a mobile as I rarely have any signal

Vodafone? Dial 0414 121 121; press * to transfer to the answerphone service; enter the mobile number then press #; Enter the Voicemail security code then press #. The Devilish and crooked journalists would often try 0000 or 3333
 

seafarer1939

War Hero
Just tell your mate to man up and confront the situation.If someone has been digging your potatoes then it will happen again.
Don't mess about,ask, and if she's being spreading happiness to others,get rid and move on.
Fannying around with phone numbers just delays the inevitable.
Just being blunt but correct I think!
Had a mate on one ship who received a letter saying his wife was playing around,end of commission home we came and out went her and her bags, same day!
He did right and so should your mate.
 

Merlin28

War Hero
JonnoJonno said:
Merlin28 said:
Joe_Crow said:
JonnoJonno said:
Some wicked members of the press dialled famous people's phones and accessed their voice messages, using the remote default passnumber that comes with the service. Very underhand. It is said that the O2 default pass number is 8705. Frightful. Often times they would ring the number and wait to be put through to answerphone, then simply key '*' then 901 for the voicemail followed by that previous number. Shocking.

I don't know why I wrote that, but it is a subject of some interest to many followers of the press.

Really?

So if I had an O2 mobile phone, someone could access my voicemail merely by dialling my number, waiting for the phone to go to voicemail, then keying in *9018705. That would be quite worrying if I had an O2 phone, particularly if I had been misbehaving.

Thankgod I am not with O2 being with Vodaphone I don't have much use for a mobile as I rarely have any signal

Vodafone? Dial 0414 121 121; press * to transfer to the answerphone service; enter the mobile number then press #; Enter the Voicemail security code then press #. The Devilish and crooked journalists would often try 0000 or 3333

I am in awe of your stalking skills 8)
 

Beeline

Lantern Swinger
On behalf of womankind; sorry. That is pretty freakin' low! Best bet really is to confront her about it, they must have a certain level of whatever to be married/dating in the first place. I would stay out of it, and stay away from him, you don't want your friend to be the 'baddy' at the end of this.
 

daffy1

War Hero
Might be a long shot, but get your oppo to see if he can log on to her emails, you will be surprised how many people save their passwords. There might be something worth looking at.
 

Spidiver

War Hero
Beeline said:
On behalf of womankind; sorry. That is pretty freakin' low! Best bet really is to confront her about it, they must have a certain level of whatever to be married/dating in the first place. I would stay out of it, and stay away from him, you don't want your friend to be the 'baddy' at the end of this.


They've been married 27 years and he's been working away saving up for their retirement, he's come home to find absolute evidence that she's now shagging around, my oppo just wants to trace the guy.

Before he jumps in feet first, he wants as much info as possible, they are on holiday at the mo and he's asked me to try and trace the guy whilst their away.
He's my oppo, and was best man at my wedding, very unlikely he's coming out of this as the bad guy.
 

Beeline

Lantern Swinger
Spidiver said:
Beeline said:
On behalf of womankind; sorry. That is pretty freakin' low! Best bet really is to confront her about it, they must have a certain level of whatever to be married/dating in the first place. I would stay out of it, and stay away from him, you don't want your friend to be the 'baddy' at the end of this.


They've been married 27 years and he's been working away saving up for their retirement, he's come home to find absolute evidence that she's now shagging around, my oppo just wants to trace the guy.

Before he jumps in feet first, he wants as much info as possible, they are on holiday at the mo and he's asked me to try and trace the guy whilst their away.
He's my oppo, and was best man at my wedding, very unlikely he's coming out of this as the bad guy.

Women can be manipulative though, someone I work with rogered her way around half of the town while her hubby was on Ops, everyone told him about it but as there was 'no evidence' in the divorce she claimed he was acting unreasonable, and now in the settlement has loads. So in short, he deffo needs to find some way to trace him! Facebook is always pretty good, and a lot of people have open profiles so you can view piccies etc. The phone route, he has obviously been sly about that, and blatantly they would not have saved any messages etc, again- women are manipulative sometimes. How about mutual friends (more his friends) who have been in the area over the time? Any unusual stamp on her passport, or if they have a join account; credit card? Emails, any registrations for 'chat' sites such as Skype, MSN etc- usually they send the login details too. Letters or any other info with his deets on, (usually knicker drawer or wardrobe btw) possibly she might even have a seperate mobile?

Cannot think of much else at the moment, but I am sure somewhere there be answers!
 

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top