TRACING A FRIEND IN OZ

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Backpacker1uk, Sep 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A friend asked how to go about tracing a friend in OZ. Where do you start besides the OZ Embassy

Of course I thought RR where all the educated types are they will know so over to you folks

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

If he is ex services this might be a starting point. Norm Williams the webmaster is, for a Stoker, quite helpful at times

AUSTRALIA

3. You could try the Returned Services League:

www.rsl.org.au

Good hunting

:)

4. You will find no central index to give info because of DATA PROTECTION so first gather all the info you have of the subject.

Age (Dob)
    Sex
    full name
    Place of birth
    last known place of residence
    Employment

If they are just a wandering back packer. Will they be avoiding being found by debtors/Police/Girl:Boy Friend/Spouse then forget it.

Armed with above and any other useful facts start with Oz phone books and other Internet sites, ring all people with same name in area looking for rellies, local newspaper achives etc.

Be very careful to explain who you are and what you are doing before asking questions never ask for phone numbers or persec info give yours as a show of trust.

Found 50% of my Ganges Class all over the place. Your friend will have to do the leg work do not rely on others to do it for you unless you wish to Pay.

Nutty

5. janner

You could also try the Police, some people have outstanding speeding fines

6. Brian for a Cock Swine some times you can be so fic. If he has outstanding fines Plod will also be looking for him, not to hard granted, but if they could lay paws upon him they would not tell you.

Nutty

7. janner

I was thinking closer to (your) home than that :roll:

8. Naw mine if over 5 years old now so I have been pardonded. Mind you Chirman Ken now wants two congestion charges and Plod in Souf Lunnun flashed me for speeding, lucky I have a Spanish Registration on my car. They have until 11 am Monday to find me.

Nutty

9. Thanks for help mates I shall pass on the info. Flying out to Venice tonight for a taste of the Italian plonk.