Tourettes

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by 2_deck_dash, Mar 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did anyone watch that program last night 'I swear I can't help it'?

Finally the BBC have started showing decent comedy again! I felt they had seriously lost their way with the demise of great programs such as Blackadder and Fawlty Towers. The newer stuff like Little Britain is utter toss in my humble opinion.

I've gotta say last nights program was one of the funniest things I have seen in ages! The writers should definitely be up for a BAFTA. Pure comedy gold. The bit where the Scottish geezer lamped his carer in the jaw was probably my favourite bit, but the goofy kid who kept telling his mum to fuck off while clucking like a chicken came a close second.

Does anyone know when the next episode is?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv-entertai...ear-i-can-t-help-it-bbc1-9pm-115875-21393857/

Edited because I wrote 'devise' instead of 'demise.'

2. I did see a docu-comedy once about the narcoleptic society of Great Britain. One scene showed a committee meeting and they had to have 4 people taking the minutes as they were all falling asleep at some point and it was the only way they could get a true record of the meeting. I'm laughing now typing this, Monty Python could not have done it better.

Mrs S_S was calling me all the C*&^ts in the world but I was in hysterics

Would love to see that one again

3. Why would I need to watch it on the telly when I see it first hand whilst doing youth work twice a week!!! :D

4. You guys have a sick sense of humour. I have a young nephew who is deaf and dumb. He suffers from a rare form of Mute Tourettes and it's not funny.

[​IMG]

5. Old MacDonald had Tourettes
    E-I-E-I-Cunts

6. I took my ex out to a Christmas ball a few years a ago, when I stuck my fork into the pig in a blanket it left the plate at a high rate of knots and hit her and slid down the front of her ball gown and then the Lma sat next to her was laughing that much he knocked a glass of red wine over her. The next thing was a beautiful explosion of tourettes she ranted and swore and it went on for a good five minutes.

7. Fcuk me Bergs your on fire this morning!!!

8. XRD - I've been up and about for a few hours now, I've had my early morning run, watched the sun heave itself out of it's pit, booked a helicopter for tomorrow, packed my bags for a flight to Paris this weekend and generally I'm just ready to rock 'n roll. :thumbright:

RM

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Isn't having Tourette's a bit like being Scottish without the smell..?

10. I've seen that programme before and still p1ss myself laughing at the Scottish bloke trying to cross the road with his dog.

It's the way the dog just looks at him every time he tells it to cross when there are cars coming :lol:

11. You mean Auld Reekie isn't a place but a race???

[​IMG]

12. Tourettes sufferer parks his car in a disabled spot and the traffic warden asks him whats his disability is??

"TOURETTES YOU CNUT NOW FCUK OFF!!!"

13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Does anyone recall that programme on tourettes that Keith Allen did? He went on a London bus with a load of scottish kids with tourettes to France, via Canterbury. It was, without doubt, one of the funniest things i have ever seen on TV. I had piss dribbling down my legs and pulled a muscle in my stomach with laughter.

14. A few clips listed on U tube are here:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Tourette's:+I+Swear+I+Can't+Help+It&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GPEA_en&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&ei=wZWiS7fVD9m5jAelkNj4CQ&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CBcQqwQwAw

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...&q=Tourettes:+I+Swear+I+Can't+Help+It&spell=1

Edit. Linkies seem to throwing wobblies tonight :oops:

Try Google - They are on U Tube somewhere!!

15. We watched it in the mess, It was honestly one of the funniest things Ive seen.
    I watched the 'I swear I cant help it' documentary on bbc and tried to explain to the mrs about the one Keith Allen did but she was still sulking about the fact I was showing no sympathy and was laughing my tits off

16. Tourettes De France, Classic TV

17. There was a programme in the '90s called (I think) 'Johnny's Not Mad'. I remember watching it and literally laughing so hard my sides really hurt, I could hardly see for tears and my jaw ached for hours afterwards. My brother's girlfriend was watching with us and she thought we were cruel because 'it ain't iz fault, is it' (she was very pretty, very blonde and very Laandin'). There was a follow-up to this, showing Johnny as an adult, working in a local youth centre. It wasn't nearly as funny :(

One bit I loved was the family sitting down for dinner and all the food etc in the middle of the table was covered with plastic boxes, so the food wouldn't get hit when Johnny spat everywhere :)

Time to se if I can download this latest piece of reporting mastery.....we don't get this channel in these parts.

18. Wrecker thats so fcuking spot on I cried with laughter and pissed meself at the same time.