Tour of the Westminster Clocktower (alias "Big Ben")

Grubber

Lantern Swinger
I apologise for being pedantic (even more so if I'm wrong), but I thought Big Ben was the name of the bell, not the clock? Might be wrong, it has been known of before!

Grubber said:
I apologise for being pedantic (even more so if I'm wrong), but I thought Big Ben was the name of the bell, not the clock? Might be wrong, it has been known of before!
That's why I put "Big Ben" as alias: most people asking about tours call it Big Ben. It is the name of the largest bell. There are a number of others, which you can stand underneath as they DONG. Well done for knowing it though. Have a wet on me. :thumright:

Grubber

Lantern Swinger
thingy said:
Grubber said:
That's why I put "Big Ben" as alias: most people asking about tours call it Big Ben. It is the name of the largest bell. There are a number of others, which you can stand underneath as they DONG. Well done for knowing it though. Have a wet on me. :thumright:
Can't do that I'm afraid, I'm already going deaf (bloody aircraft). I SAID I CAN'T DO THAT, I'M ALREADY GOING DEAF.

Will have a beer though, it is a day ending in Y afterall. :w00t:

Thanks to Thingy me and erself ave been there and done it. Stood next to Big Ben(Yes the bell) at 12 noon, about 1 metre away. Can assure you it will not make you deaf, but if you hold onto a part of the building you may find the vibrations very exciting.

If you can it is a must do before you kick the bucket.

Nutty

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Miscellaneous 0
jackanory Diamond Lil's 10
slim Diamond Lil's 19