Tour frequency and aptitude test.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by sceadugenga, Dec 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just completed the aptitude test and it went well enough..
    Can anyone tell me how it's scored? I know my score was tidy enough but how does it compare to the total possible? Google failed on this occasion!

Also with tours, is it the case that you are assigned to a ship/boat and then go to sea with that ship every time its away, or are there shore based duties and you'll do alternate tours, staying home sometimes and away others? (I'm going for Submariner Comms if it makes any difference).
  2. Hi sceadugenga,
    have a look through some of the other forums on here and you'll find the required link to find out the pass rate for each job role. This may give you a better understanding of what your score was close too.

I was told by the AFCO that as a submariner the period of time at sea was about 3mths then work at your home port for 3 mths. I guess, whilst the alternate crew went to sea.
    Not sure what the correct answer is, but that is what I was told :)
  3. Cheers, thank you.
  4. found it for you, hopefully the link will work:-
    Chapter 5, part 4, Summary of Entry Standards
  5. Brilliant cheers. I was curious to see how I did. Competitive streak showing a little!

Thanks again.
  6. Some smart arse ****** has worried my missus by telling her I have to go to sea for a fortnight every month when not on tour!
    6 months away out of every 18 as a general rule was what I was told and although it is a lot it sounds perfectly reasonable to me and naturally tour lengths vary Dependant on necessity but can someone give me a genuine general pointer because she is now flapping about it.