Tot Time

Ratrat

Lantern Swinger
Perhaps an enlightening thread would be:

"Where were you when you drew your first tot?!

Me - I was in Mombasa - Can't remember much for 3 days!

Geoff_Wessex

Lantern Swinger
I'm MUCH too young to have drawn a tot (well, by about 18 months) - but I remember the day of the Last Tot - an AB Gunner at Portland was 20 on the 31st July 1970 and therefore had his first and last tot on that day.
Oddly, he had been the 'face' in a series of RN Careers TV adverts at the same time!

1st Tot 25th july 1966 alongside at Faslane the day before Cpt. S/M's Rounds during work up on HMS/m Truncheon. After tot time I passed out and the lads finished polishing my part of the boat. If you know me you know where that was.

Last Tot 31st July 1970 whilst on my PO Seaman's promotion course at HMS Raleigh. A sad sad day for the the lower deck when the best social occassion and tradition was murdered by the same people who pray at the altar of Health and Safety.

Nutty

Perhaps the young folk should be appraised of the mysteries of sippers, gulpers, Rum Fanny's Rum Bosun, Ticker Off etc. How and why they were used as currency. Birthdays, visitors etc.

Nigaramus

Lantern Swinger
04 September 1968 - had my first tot whilst anchored in Rothesay Bay on HM Submarine Orpheus.

Last day of the tot - still on Orpheus! (did a total of 11 years and two months on her continuous!) but off Japan exercising with HMS Hermione. I remember that we surfaced quite close to her and she had her ensign flying at half mast.

UncleAlbert

War Hero
Tot.jpg

I was, sob, RA. both times.

My first tot -----------------HMS Delight 1960

Was RA --and on leave in July 1970 HMS Lochinvar wouldve gone back to
G if I had been there . Happy days -----------------got more favours done with a tot invite than ever you got with the job card .

D

Deleted 7

Ratrat said:

Hang on, I was too!! Mind you that was in 2002 and I did see some strange tribel dance before hand 8O

Ratrat

Lantern Swinger
Jenny_Dabber said:
Ratrat said:

Hang on, I was too!! Mind you that was in 2002 and I did see some strange tribel dance before hand 8O

You were too what? - Young to draw a tot? :lol: :lol: