Topics

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by higthepig, Apr 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. why wont my mouse pointer work on help, more rum, purple comms, and membership?

2. It might be tooshed, or you got a selective mouse. lol

3. I dont get drop down menus from them why?

4. Do you get drop-down menus from the rest? If not, it is potentially an issue with your browser blocking scripts. If not, maybe something else. I can get them all....

GR

5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I get this problem on my work machine, as Ghost Rider suggests the problem is to do with Java script which won't run at work.

6. I think other people have reported this problem on ARRSE but can you just confirm which menus you get and which you don't?

7. I dont get drop down on help, more rum, purple comm and membership , i did at one time , on the others i get the little hand symbol on the mouse pointer.

8. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Same for my work machine.

9. And the cure is?

10. Work from home...... :lol:

I got same problem on my work box...

11. Cheers cosidering that I`m retired and at home.

12. Typical support call, only give half the info in your original post :lol: :lol:

Check the security settings on your browser......

13. I also get the same problem and don't have the option of working at home, as I am currently deployed. I thought it was a problem just related to the ship as it happens on all our terminals. Glad that it isn't just me who is suffering at the moment. Haven't been able to get to the jokes in ages

14. So having checked browser settings and java script, anyone got any ideas?

15. Downloaded Firefox and it works can anyone tell me why? It doesn`t work on Internet Explorer and AOL.

16. IE - coz we don't like Microshaft :D

AOL - I assume its similar to A-O-Hell!! and therefore ditto!

Seriously, each browser utilises different implementations of security protocols - some, like firefox, are quite tolerant of embedded javascript for menus etc. IE isn't, if the security settings and cookies are not correctly configured. AOHell is based loosely around IE anyway, and always suffers as they took the base IE layout and tightened up the security on it....

Welcome to the wonderful world of Firefox! Spread the word!

Ghostie

17. Buy an Apple Mac! ...then you'll get Safari which is MUCH faster than any non-Unix based software. I have a faster speed interconnection at work (5MB as against 2MB at home) yet my home computer using Safari is almost instantaneous unlike my work PC! :roll: :roll: :roll: When I run the Mac version of IE it's so slow I usually give up on it!!!

18. Surely, with this being the unofficial site of the Royal Navy it should be configured so as that those who are actually deployed can get full access. I can not see my Navystar administator downloading Firefox so as that Rumration works correctly. Can we not reconfigure the site to the previous settings?

19. Quite frankly DG I'd have thought that was an argument for it not being acessible. Maybe the gold braid who made such an arrse of himself on here a while ago was a walt or just a regular posing to wind us up - certainly gave me the impression though that those of you who serve AND post pics of yourselves may be severely compromomising your freedom of speech.

20. Guys,
    Apologies for the delay in getting back to you all on this - GCO and myself are both v busy at the moment. We will fix this so it works in all browsers .....