Top Weekend - MANY THANKS TO M39

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by beer_bosun, Nov 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Many many thanks to the ships co. of M39.

While "Big Bang" or "Crowboroughs Little Brother" was being exercised in Longmoor, about a dozen ratings from different UK units joined M39 for a weekend of sea day running in the South region.

Under the brilliant and very helpful supervision of the crew from M39, various seaman / mine warfare tasks were executed. Harbour station, RMCDV SOCs, MOB, Helm, MIB coxn, GPMG handling, RCMDV runs, Mine Hunting, Helo flypasts.

Good run ashore on Saturday too - certainly no "them and us".

Top crew, top weekend. Next one in Jan. If AWFP/FP is annoying you, have a weekend away doing Naval activities - it may not be our core role anymore, but it might just stop the drips for a weekend.

2. I couldn't agree with you more.

While i didnt attend the December weekend it is very rare that i miss one of these opportunities. Why they struggle for attendee's sometimes i don't know because its far more interesting and useful than most of the stuff we have to do.

The crews are always very accomodating, helpful and friendly, which is somewhat suprising bearing in mind that we're f*cking up there weekend.

The personnel of the MCMV squadrons are a credit to the service. Sometimes think that some of the larger ships could learn alot from them.

Edited to add; For those who are interested there is an introduction to mine warefare weekend at Collingrad in Jan. You can take mine warefare as an ad-qual apparently! See your PSI's for details.