Top Totty Saga (any conclusions?)

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by finknottle, Feb 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shadow equalities minister Kate Green struck a blow for real ale and those who love it this week by complaining about the presence of "Slater's Top Totty" in a Westminster bar. Ms Green said "I was disturbed last night to learn that the guest beer in the Strangers' Bar is called Top Totty and there is a picture of a nearly naked woman on the tap." Sir George Young told MPs that "action will be taken", and the beer was removed from sale the same day. It's sad that any barrel of real ale should be removed from sale,

Ms Green would do well to get on with providing a robust opposition as opposed to stalking round the House of Commons bars looking for what she deems to be offensive beer labels, on the positive side I imagine that her knee jerk reaction will boost the sales of Top Totty ale no end. Just in case there is any confusion the picture on the left is the Top Totty ale label.

odd_top_totty_beer.jpg Kate Green.jpg

2. It is a peculiar way of promoting 'real ale' though.

I find that most fans of the unwashed sock smelling liquid have more interest in train numbers than ladies' front bottoms.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I can't believe anyone cares about the plate enough to campaign get it removed. By the same logic, is Sailor Jerry fucked?

I agree with the need for a decent Opposition, but poking fun at her appearance isn't really helpful.

The link between alcohol and sex in marketing and advertising is well documented. Anyone who thinks this is actually demeaning needs to get a fucking grip.

I do joke a little about well documented, but this is entertaining: 20 Ridiculously Sexy Alcohol Ads From Yesteryear: | Sloshspot Blog

4. FFS ladies get over yourselves.Stop being so bloody precious.I have heard the term"Top Totty" used to describe both men and women and is usualy meant as a complement not anything derogatory.
    As finks said I'm sure the brewery is very pleased with all the free publicity.Going by the description of the ale seafarer1939 would love it as long as the barperson can get a froth on it.

5. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Stupid woman. There is nothing wrong with that name or that label.

Totty can be used for both men and women and the picture is quite retro and I think is rather classy!

Sex sells. End of.

6. On the contrary I know it's only a depiction but a rather splendid one.

Has anyone here sampled the beverage as I had not heard of it until this storm in a beer glass erupted?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  7. I know, but...would people take this any more seriously if she was fit?

I really think there are bigger things for our elected representatives to get angry about. Hopefully I'm pushing on an open door this this.

8. Precisely, stupid woman.

9. Slater's brewery should have replaced the bunny girl with a picture of Ann Widdecombe...

...or perhaps not :pukeright:

10. I'd do her.

Just think of the dit value.

11. She wouldn't even help as an anti alcohol campaign. People like drink, and like hotties (over either gender) - no point protesting.

I hate her. As a woman I feel like I should support this, but she's a fucktard. There are more important things she could be doing. Fore her elected constituents and for women....

(should I fuck Hunhe for shagging dits?)

12. *before.

(golf moment)

13. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Katie Green, shes a poor mans Lucy Pinder.

[​IMG]

14. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I hope this woman gets hit by a falling piano. It's because of her i had my own beer taken out of circulation just because it was called "Shitpipe Eruption" and had a picture of a winking mud eye. So much for freedom of fucking speech.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Where's the equality?? Bet this bitch wouldn't be complaining if it was a semi naked bloke on the beer........Hold on she's a labour party member and one of Ed Miliblands "babes". She's probably a lesbian and secretly wants to take the beer tap home and fantasies over the picture. FFS!!! Get a life you daft bitch!!

16. And I bet they read the Sun in the HofC - and happily look at the Page 3 girl - double standards me thinks

17. As it's a cartoon, do I have to take down my poster of Jessica Rabbit and stop watching The Curse of the Were Rabbit as Totty from Tottington Hall features in it? Makes you want to turn to drink.

18. Lets examine this ...

The complainer in question has already been referred to a Lesbian by my learned colleague Drewfester which by the look of her haircut could actually be quite close to the mark but unfortunately cannot be proven ... what can be proven however is the fact that she has a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp and yet she is classed as one of Minigland's "babes"! He therefore must be a top runner for the "ropey trophy" ... I've seen better women wielding a sampson bar! However digression aside ... as the owner of a face like said Bulldog, she is obviously one of those munters who have decided that it is up to her to save the fate of mankind from sex and perversion ... mainly as she can't get enough herself!

I vote she is taken to the end of the pair and given a float test! Either that or she is NMC and I claim my £5