Top Tips for baiting Submariners

UncleAlbert

War Hero
Hiya Geoff recognize the mugshot.

This is more like it eh everyones a newbie and a lively site to enjoy
I`ve been over on the dark side tying to educate the pongos in navy terminology, of course I was immediately told to fcuk off but er I think they were only joking.

sidon55

Lantern Swinger
Maleficent said:
And on Friday evenings he has been known to be a Sheila when he/she takes Milly out for a mince. I believe that the years of sitting on the Brit/Oz fence has had a lasting effect.
Ah,ha Has GOD emerged from her pit in Cyprus ?

sidon55

Lantern Swinger
UncleAlbert said:
Thank you for that Nutty you patronizing twat, both unhelpful and unnecessary IMHO,
This is a new forum and as I see it most here are serving or have recently left, and we old gits from the sixties have an opportunity here to learn about the navy over the last 30 years, that`s if we are tolerated long enough to make a contribution. Trouble is we might not be with old farts like you around.
My auntie Mildred had a crash in her Rover and was decapitated but that don’t mean to say I can go onto the Rover forum and strut around like I own the fcuking place. So Sidon was in the wrong place at the wrong time. So was she.
They seem like a good crowd on here and your attitude that old was better is destructive, ridiculous and should not be tolerated. Personally I see your put down of deeps as particularly annoyeing, I mean how the fcuk is he expected to know Sidons service history.

Fcuk off and learn some humility then come back when you can behave yourself
I think you miss the point Unk, Having a dig at each other was in my time part of the messdeck banter. Could be wrong now that P/C is the flavour of the month this is a NO, NO. Those old dinosaurs like myself are probably showing a bit of envy of present day submariners and the modern sub. Even the conventional Collins are a million miles apart from the old S & T's.

Anyway the main thing is to have a sense of humour, even a weird submariner version.

As for the Sidon disaster, I had no intention to bring it up as I have just had closer after 50 years. More elike incompetence by Pusser than wrong place/wrong time. I've read the results of the Board of enquiry END OF SUBJECT

UncleAlbert said:
Thank you for that Nutty you patronizing twat, both unhelpful and unnecessary IMHO,
This is a new forum and as I see it most here are serving or have recently left, and we old gits from the sixties have an opportunity here to learn about the navy over the last 30 years, that`s if we are tolerated long enough to make a contribution. Trouble is we might not be with old farts like you around.
My auntie Mildred had a crash in her Rover and was decapitated but that don’t mean to say I can go onto the Rover forum and strut around like I own the fcuking place. So Sidon was in the wrong place at the wrong time. So was she.
They seem like a good crowd on here and your attitude that old was better is destructive, ridiculous and should not be tolerated. Personally I see your put down of deeps as particularly annoyeing, I mean how the fcuk is he expected to know Sidons service history.

Fcuk off and learn some humility then come back when you can behave yourself
Seem to have hit a raw nerve. Bit techy are we, wrong time of the month.

Nutty

Deeps

War Hero
Yes cheers nutty , a very good contribution from you , ou make it sound as if is was having a go at Sidon . Not at all pal not at all . I am not going to bite . Oh yes GW 1 was gulf war 1 , no great shakes really . I am not that ignorant to not know the difference between old wartime boats and new ish nuclear boats . So do us a favour stop the bitching and post some valuable subjects .We are all submariners or ex- submariners so banter is good but lets stick together .

Deeps said:
Yes cheers nutty , a very good contribution from you , ou make it sound as if is was having a go at Sidon . Not at all pal not at all . I am not going to bite . Oh yes GW 1 was gulf war 1 , no great shakes really . I am not that ignorant to not know the difference between old wartime boats and new ish nuclear boats . So do us a favour stop the bitching and post some valuable subjects .We are all submariners or ex- submariners so banter is good but lets stick together .
Deeps

Maybe, "So what have you done then sidon . lol" did sound like you were having a go at an old oppo of mine and this thread is "Top Tips for baiting Submariners"

Of course if you are ever in the Murcia Region of Espania call in for a tot or two and tell me about GW1 with a good lamp swinging session.

Nutty 8)

sidon55 said:
Buenos Dias, mi amigo, Nutty. You doing a Barney and changed your name ?
8)

8) Nickle Arris 8)

As you well know in my fragile and confused mental state I have to compartmentalize (Shades of ABCW, do they skimmers still use the old Assume ABC State 1 or what ever?????????) parts of my life and forums hence new forum new name.

Nutty

Gundulph

Midshipman
master.bates said:
I have a good mate who is an ex-submariner, any tips on how to baiting him when I am down the pub?
Bring up the subject of the Top Bar in Mount Pleasant Airfield around 1989, that should get a bite or two as I'm sure the word spread throughout the Submarine World about what happened...

Gundulph

A small clue... several submariners then the entire crew decided to have a go at 2 Sappers minding their own business at a nearby table, what they didn't realise at the time was the entire RE Squadron was also there, they soon found out! 8O

Deeps

War Hero
Will do nutty only if you have ''Pussers'' . GW1 was pants did nothing saw nothing , GW2 well thats a different thing but thats for the army thread . Its great having a few old sea dogs on this forum . Tell us some of your tales , thats what ''submriners'' do . Cheers Deeps

Deeps said:
Will do nutty only if you have ''Pussers'' . GW1 was pants did nothing saw nothing , GW2 well thats a different thing but thats for the army thread . Its great having a few old sea dogs on this forum . Tell us some of your tales , thats what ''submriners'' do . Cheers Deeps
Deeps

You had better hurry then cos I only have half a litre of Pussers left and I am not going to drive to Gib, six hours each way for you even if it is only £8 a litre when you get there. You will have to drink the Cuban or Central American brews which are sold locally.

See Quarter Deck Spin a dit thread "New Bridge for Old" my best true (bottle testing) dit.

Nutty

Maleficent

Midshipman
sidon55 said:
Maleficent said:
And on Friday evenings he has been known to be a Sheila when he/she takes Milly out for a mince. I believe that the years of sitting on the Brit/Oz fence has had a lasting effect.
Ah,ha Has GOD emerged from her pit in Cyprus ?
Guilty as charged.

But I think thread proves you don't need to bait a submariner.

They bite at anything, well at least those who still have their own teeth or an oppo who does not mind sharing.

clanky

War Hero
Of course, the easiest way to wind up a submariner is to shag his missus while he's away on patrol.

UncleAlbert

War Hero
Top post Clanky,
Even better if you move into his house and take his car, get`s erm every time.

Bait erm, it turns them positively fcukin suicidal.

………

Nigaramus

Lantern Swinger
sidon55 said:
Ozzies could be the first to have a female sub skipper. Keep the name of Lt Cdr Sue Brady in mind.

You can take the lad out of London but you can't take London out of the Lad. COME ON YOU SPURS :wink: :wink:
The Norwegians have had a female submarine captain for about 10 years. I am damned if I can remember her name. - oooooops sorry, just seen a previous posting mentioning this.

Deeps said:
Got any WOODS then ?I would never take an old sailors last tot .
Sippers shippers ?
:evil: WOODS :evil: wash your mouth out its rougher than 'Sidon' and he was messman at the last supper.

Nutty