Top Gear Morse?

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by bikerman, Jan 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. While watching reruns of the lastest Top Gear the Stig is listening to morse. My question is have any of the RO types out there worked out what was being said?

:study: :thumbleft:
  2. Not watched so cannot help. Do you know which series and episode it is and is it on Iplayer I wonder??
  3. Yeah. I read it. Not telling you what it says. It's Tip Top Secret.
  4. It was the lastest series don't know the number, but you will find morse on every episode (think) and yes it is on Iplayer, :thumbright:
  5. The "latest" run has just finished here on BBCAmerica. It was the one with the huge Merc and Roller trolling thru london. How far out are we series wise here???
  6. I thought Morse drove a Jag
  7. Is it episode 5 of series 12 at all and roughly where is the morse bit. Dont fancy sitting through an hour of it a wrong episode, if you get my drift.
  8. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Only CT's do morse nowadays shipwreck (standfast visual by the seaman specs) and I do remember taking the morse (yes, sad I know) and in one of the episodes (I think the second one of the latest series) it was 'Strictly Come Dancing is rubbish'.
  9. I will second that shippers :p
  10. When i left the mob after a while got itchy feet and joined the RNR. Not good.After being a seaman then R.O. Na .Could not get my head around dit da da. Managed for a couple of years then packed in. (any one memories of HMS Palatine in Preston?)
  11. Ahem, I think you will find there are stil plenty of us old sparkers around who are still very capable of reading morse. :p :lol:
  12. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

That is very true and to a higher speed as well (I'll give you that one!).
  13. Sorry to disappoint shippers. But can still read barred CW at 22wpm and transcribe via keyboard. Gave up smoking 3 years ago, but I bet I can still roll some tickler at the same time as typing/writing it down.

I do so wish you RO(W)'s would stop flattering yourselves.
  14. Left in 75 ex boats can still read morse at a reasonable speed and I am a licenced Radio Ham. So there are still some of us old gits about. By the RO(W) were gollies not smart enough to be sparkers and too smart to be Buntings.
  15. Many of the RO(W)'s ended up as RO(S)'s.

We had an CRS(W) on the Bristol early 80's, so I know where they eminated from, and ended up as.
  16. Nice One Bunts, no buntings in boats after about 67.
  17. it says bunting tossers lol. Did someone say only CT's learn morse foxtrot oscar they cant even change a tp roll.