Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cracker89, Jan 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A few month ago i suffered from a really bad sore throat which went on for around a month- real bad! couldnt eat/swallow ect.. The doc suspected it may of been tonsillitis.

anyway i got referred to the hospital where the consultant could see nothing wrong (checked my throat and nose with a camera) said throat and nose looked healthy and couldnt see anything out of the ordinary!

however got a letter today saying i have another appointment in 6 months just to 'check everything is still ok'

now i havent had a sore throat since!

Will this count against me do you think? Like, delaying my application?
  3. too much deep throat..
  4. was waiting for that one :p
  5. Won't count against you.

Regarding cancer, vanishingly unlikely in a young population.
  6. Cheers angrydoc :)
  7. Cancel the appointment if you know you don't need it. Save your time and theirs.
  8. Go. It's free.
  9. Zoidberg - that's the attitude that has brought public services to their knees.
  10. To be honest, I try to avoid doctors. But if I had a sore throat for a month I'd be worried to say the least.
  11. Well, ive canceled my appointment.
    Doc said that seen as i havent had a sore throat since then its obv there is nothing wrong.

12. Cracker89: Yes mate, cancel the appointment, it gives someone else a chance to be seen and sorted, I doubt it will slow the process down at all. Just try and quit those dog hair cigars you keep luck.