Tomatoes Allergy

Hi, I did a quick serch and could not find a similar thread so I thought I would ask. I recently applied to join the Navy, RAF and Army. After appying for the Army I had to tick a box saying I had a food allergy to tomatoes (very mild I add) and after going through the appeal I ended up getting rejected. My question is will the navy see this and also reject me or will they let me in. It only really effects me if I eat a raw one, and all that happense is my mouth itches. I have never been to the doctors about this as I thought it woul be a waste of their time so it is not on my medical records. So if they ask should I just lie and say I dont have a food allergy or should I be honest and say I have a very mild allergy. And if im honest will that stop me from being allowed to join.

Hi, I did a quick serch and could not find a similar thread so I thought I would ask. I recently applied to join the Navy, RAF and Army. After appying for the Army I had to tick a box saying I had a food allergy to tomatoes (very mild I add) and after going through the appeal I ended up getting rejected. My question is will the navy see this and also reject me or will they let me in. It only really effects me if I eat a raw one, and all that happense is my mouth itches. I have never been to the doctors about this as I thought it woul be a waste of their time so it is not on my medical records. So if they ask should I just lie and say I dont have a food allergy or should I be honest and say I have a very mild allergy. And if im honest will that stop me from being allowed to join.
Ahhh, got it. It's because you didn't 'search. If you 'serch' it will obviously throw up sod all!!!

First question, will be...Why did the Army turn you down.
Thats what the letter said
First question, will be...Why did the Army turn you down.
That is the letter i recieved. I do not really know what this means for me honestly as I was counting on the navy for my career. When it says history I do not get this bit as i have never been to the doctor about it so it is not on my medical records. 4025753B-5E79-4D0E-87DF-A2D4D245B35A.jpeg

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Unless professionally diagnosed with an allergy it's probably best not to assume and self-diagnose as it can cause a whole world of entirely unnecessary problems.

Whilst not medically qualified to give definitive medical advice, my understanding, from qualified healthcare professionals, is allergic reactions can get more and more severe, to the extent they can become life-threatening.

To that end, diagnosis by a healthcare professional rather than Google, is best advised.

Unless professionally diagnosed with an allergy it's probably best not to assume and self-diagnose as it can cause a whole world of entirely unnecessary problems.

Whilst not medically qualified to give definitive medical advice, my understanding, from qualified healthcare professionals, is allergic reactions can get more and more severe, to the extent they can become life-threatening.

To that end, diagnosis by a healthcare professional rather than Google, is best advised.
Its biting me in the ass now but I never really thought it was a big deal. I just noticed my mouth itched when eating raw tomatoes and so I just stopped eating raw tomatoes. I didnt want to waste the doctors time as I could easily aviod it and the itching only lasted 5 to 10 mins.

Its biting me in the ass now but I never really thought it was a big deal. I just noticed my mouth itched when eating raw tomatoes and so I just stopped eating raw tomatoes. I didnt want to waste the doctors time as I could easily aviod it and the itching only lasted 5 to 10 mins.
Get tested as allergy and intolerant to toms, may be seen as being different and may be ok to join, see your GP. As @Ninja_Stoker said Google Doctors can be very crap, but now you screwed up you may need to prove otherwise.

Get tested as allergy and intolerant to toms, may be seen as being different and may be ok to join, see your GP. As @Ninja_Stoker said Google Doctors can be very crap, but now you screwed up you may need to prove otherwise.
Yeah I will, however I care more about the navy and if they will find out as I only applied for the Army in case I could not join the Navy for some reason. Will the Army tell the Navy?

When filling in the medical form, there's a section that asks if you've applied to the military before and the outcome of your medical assessment then. You'll either have to lie about applying to the army beforehand, or hope that the navy don't care about tomato allergies.

When filling in the medical form, there's a section that asks if you've applied to the military before and the outcome of your medical assessment then. You'll either have to lie about applying to the army beforehand, or hope that the navy don't care about tomato allergies.
1) I don't believe this is an allergy from whats been said, especially if it was just one incident and self diagnosed (Dr Google isn't a medical professional either!)

2) The Navy will know about the Army medical so telling porkies will get you nowhere apart from a permanent career in civvy street (fraudulent entry = shown the gate)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Health & Fitness 8
M Health & Fitness 1
S Diamond Lil's 17