To Those Who Have Had an RFA Interview...

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Greenation, Jul 11, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Just a short plea for help really...

It would be a massive help to myself and many other candidates if anyone who has had an RFA interview could share their wisdom. What questions were you asked?

I'm thinking of preparing a list of common interview questions and writing stock responses for them.

Kind regards,
  2. Stock responses will only cover about a third of the interview questions typically asked.
    The other two thirds are role specfic (so an extensive range of questions) and the rest are personal/experience based; which a stock response wouldn't really be suitable.

If you have a look through the existing threads you should find everything you need to get through an interview. The search function is fairly handy & if you're still struggling you can PM those that have recently been successful in the role you're chasing.
  3. In my case I'm going for Communications Apprentice.

Does this mean I will get asked questions about computers and such?

I mean I know a little but I've never worked with computers in a professional capacity and I probably couldn't sit there and speak too technical.
  4. Possibly. Whilst I've recently passed a qualified SE interview, I wouldn't know what you'd be asked for comms apprentice.

You should do a bit of searching, you'll likely find your answers from the exisitng threads. If you can locate someone that's recently passed an interview for your role, give them a PM.
  5. But surely they wouldn't expect a candidate for the apprenticeship role to know too much? After all, it is an apprenticeship role and they are in need of training first.
  6. I've not said if they will or won't, just that they may. My main point is that there's no stock Q&A for an RFA interview with so many roles available.

I got everything I needed for my interview on here and by sending PMs (prior to my first post) and you'll be able to do the same. Good luck.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015