Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

To offend or be offended!

The story so far.

Jenney Dabber a sweet 23 year old who it seems served on 3 ships in as many hours and has never recovered from the trauma, is given a severe beating by a rude customer who on taking offence for some strange reason while our heroine was trying to relieve him of his hard earned told her in no uncertain terms that she was a cnut and should fcuk off. Nasty.
On returning home our Jenny decided to get even by telling her sad story on her blogg, trouble was she didn`t have a blogg, but as she had recently been entrusted with the job of moderator on the new rum rat forum she posted a longwinded winge on her forum `The Quarterdeck.` Soon everyone joined in with commiserations and pouring scorn on telesales persons in general who are looked on by most as a bloody nuisance to say the least.
Soon Jenny realized that she was about to be sused so she decided to come out of the closet and admit that she was in fact a tele sales person, It went very quiet.

Meanwhile in the depths of rural England a kindly old stoker called Albert arrived home from work and hanging his trusty shovel up in the garage switched on his computer for his daily dose of Navy stuff. Trouble was all he could find going on was some young girl bashing on about her birthday arrangements and dripping about her work. In desperation Old Albert posted asking her to take her stuff and go blogging with it but was immediately told to wind his friggin neck in. and his post was deleted.
Crestfallen old Albert realized he could not compete with a moderator with a delete button so gave up and went and had his supper.
Retuning to the computer later Albert logged onto Rum Rat and was struggling to find the thread when suddenly there it was, while he was away it had been moved into Tiger lil`s

Thank you, thank you, muttered Albert under his breath as he started a nice post to Jenny that she couldn’t delete, as they were now on a level playing field.

In the meantime Jenny realizing what was happening was like a rabbit caught in the headlights, quickly she darted back into her posts and edited out the swearing and abuse and replaced it with “alls fair in love and war†and suchlike, all very devious.

Later the moderator for Lils come in and gave Albert a bollucking saying it was alright for Jenny to have the thread in lil`s but nowhere else, thinking it had always been there, bit nasty that as the thread had started elsewhere and had been transferred to lil`s. Never mind thought Albert Jenny will come in soon and put him right. (strangely she never did)

Now the important bit:
Sorry to have to tell you this but you’re all fcukin doomed,

You may have noticed I was mean to `Malfunction` this was intentional as I recognized her as Gwen the ex pat slapper from Cyprus, who although she has never served, descends on service forums and makes them her own. Chasing away newbies and making it into a chat room. Her disciples have been here since the start and now she has arrived there`s no doubt she will try to take control. Pity.

Well I`m off to arrsole and others . Thanks for having me and Best of luck with the site.

O dear how will I sleep tonight. UA is someone who has crossed my path before. Has tried the 'slapper' insult before and it failed then when I informed him that I viewed 'slapper' in the same way men view 'stud'.

Is it possible the Mods can fiddle the forum software to show when and in what way a post has been edited!!

Thanks,,,

Throw-Me-to-the-Lesbians-Magnet-

If what Uncle Arthur says is true, then this forum is going to have a problem. Modification of posts is wrong, unless there is a reason (and that reason is placed on the modified posts).

Turning it into a clique is going to drive people away, especially if we have non-service in here (as opposed to ex-Service). It becomes even worse if the non-service end up taking over the groups. This forum is watched by many in the corridors of power, I would hate to see a useful forum become useless because of infighting or infiltration.

May dwell a pause of two marching paces and see what happens next.

UncleAlbert said:
The story so far.

Jenney Dabber a sweet 23 year old who it seems served on 3 ships in as many hours and has never recovered from the trauma, is given a severe beating by a rude customer who on taking offence for some strange reason while our heroine was trying to relieve him of his hard earned told her in no uncertain terms that she was a cnut and should fcuk off. Nasty.
On returning home our Jenny decided to get even by telling her sad story on her blogg, trouble was she didn`t have a blogg, but as she had recently been entrusted with the job of moderator on the new rum rat forum she posted a longwinded winge on her forum `The Quarterdeck.` Soon everyone joined in with commiserations and pouring scorn on telesales persons in general who are looked on by most as a bloody nuisance to say the least.
Soon Jenny realized that she was about to be sused so she decided to come out of the closet and admit that she was in fact a tele sales person, It went very quiet.

Meanwhile in the depths of rural England a kindly old stoker called Albert arrived home from work and hanging his trusty shovel up in the garage switched on his computer for his daily dose of Navy stuff. Trouble was all he could find going on was some young girl bashing on about her birthday arrangements and dripping about her work. In desperation Old Albert posted asking her to take her stuff and go blogging with it but was immediately told to wind his friggin neck in. and his post was deleted.
Crestfallen old Albert realized he could not compete with a moderator with a delete button so gave up and went and had his supper.
Retuning to the computer later Albert logged onto Rum Rat and was struggling to find the thread when suddenly there it was, while he was away it had been moved into Tiger lil`s

Thank you, thank you, muttered Albert under his breath as he started a nice post to Jenny that she couldn’t delete, as they were now on a level playing field.

In the meantime Jenny realizing what was happening was like a rabbit caught in the headlights, quickly she darted back into her posts and edited out the swearing and abuse and replaced it with “alls fair in love and war†and suchlike, all very devious.

Later the moderator for Lils come in and gave Albert a bollucking saying it was alright for Jenny to have the thread in lil`s but nowhere else, thinking it had always been there, bit nasty that as the thread had started elsewhere and had been transferred to lil`s. Never mind thought Albert Jenny will come in soon and put him right. (strangely she never did)

Now the important bit:
Sorry to have to tell you this but you’re all fcukin doomed,

You may have noticed I was mean to `Malfunction` this was intentional as I recognized her as Gwen the ex pat slapper from Cyprus, who although she has never served, descends on service forums and makes them her own. Chasing away newbies and making it into a chat room. Her disciples have been here since the start and now she has arrived there`s no doubt she will try to take control. Pity.

Well I`m off to arrsole and others . Thanks for having me and Best of luck with the site.

My 'bollcking' is currently on page 3 - I wasn't aware that 'calm down' is strong enough to qualify - may be he's from Liverpool?

For a board that is doomed it seems to be going OK

PompeySailor said:
If what Uncle Arthur says is true, then this forum is going to have a problem. Modification of posts is wrong, unless there is a reason (and that reason is placed on the modified posts).

Turning it into a clique is going to drive people away, especially if we have non-service in here (as opposed to ex-Service). It becomes even worse if the non-service end up taking over the groups. This forum is watched by many in the corridors of power, I would hate to see a useful forum become useless because of infighting or infiltration.

May dwell a pause of two marching paces and see what happens next.

I fully agree with P-S, I think its only fair to give Jenny the chance to reply, if She has altered the post perhaps She will give her reasons.

janner said:
BP at the risk of offending you, I don't think your Avatar shows kidneys, I have no medical experience, but perhaps one of the Scablifters could confirm my diagnosis :roll:
Nope thems not a pair of Pissfilters.Those me hansome,is a pair of Bow Fenders!A nice pair as well! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mad-Dog said:
Is it possible the Mods can fiddle the forum software to show when and in what way a post has been edited!!

Thanks,,,

If you edit a post before a reply has been made, no sign of your edit will appear i.e. you post, realise you have made a spelling mistake and edit your post, no-one will notice, and nothing further may be said :D

Ghostie

Edited for crap spelling!

Ghost_Rider said:
Mad-Dog said:

Thanks,,,

If you edit a post before a reply has been made, no sign of your edit will appear i.e. you post, realise you have made a speeeelling mistook and edit your post, no-one will notice, and nothing further may be said D

Ghostie
If, however, someone has replied to your post, or even quoted it in their response, I'm afraid there is a tell-tale sign - either the bottom of your post will say something like :

Last edited at {time} on {date} by {User}. Edited {x} times.

Tradition from other sites is to edit the post if necessary, and include a short description of the reason why... see my post above for an example :D

Ghostie

Jenny_Dabber said:
Had a nasty customer on the phone tonight, I know with my job there will be a lot of verbal abuse full stop. Just take it on the chin; I just think if some one is sad enough to rip into some one for no good reason, well what a great life they lead! But tonight one guy did my head in! For no reason he started screaming at me, so I just sat there and put him on mute until he stopped. Next thing I know he repeatedly threw the word c you next Tuesday at me. That is a word I cringe at, I can not stand it, it’s disgusting and I was actually really offended by this.

So what did I do, well my supervisor will not tolerate any kind of abuse towards females that can be ‘under the belt’ (excuse the pun), so this customer is, well, no longer a customer! Which pee’d him off even more and now I am subject to spamming of god knows what! (This guy was on his way out anyway)

1) How sad and low can people be! OK my line of work deals with a whole different species of human but still…..
2) That C word, grrrr, has to be the most offensive towards a female ever

I know it seems like I am moaning but it’s not the point of this!

What, in your life time, have you come to find too offensive it made you cringe? Or I can re-phrase this, what have you done offensive towards others!

Jenny - you really should stop working for those 0908 numbers if you don't like nasty calls. Get yourself out on the street and be useful towards mankind (unless you are complete goper, in which case stay on the 0908 numbers :wink: )

A-G

p.s. this is Diamond Lil's so I take it your advice stands. :lol:

Totally agree with Pompey Sailor. It can, however, on a site such as this to suss out all the impersonators (Civvies or sh1t stirrers such as that pseudo - Yank) but this is where the Moderators should step in very firmly, if there is any doubt to the originalility of the poster.

Latest Threads