Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

To offend or be offended!

UncleAlbert said:
Out the way ratty I ent finnished yet.

Strange to see a moderator after getting a bit of constructive criticism strutting around telling someone not to comment or read, after all if you can’t discriminate between a blogg and a forum then that’s not my fault I just thought I was being helpful.
I went to Butlins last w/end to a 60`s do, I’ve had a good week at work and booked in a sqillion pounds worth of work and this week end I’m off down the boat to start getting it ready for launching. Now arn`t you glad I shared that with you. NO of course you’re not , safe to say you couldn’t give a flying fcuk what I`ve been doing so why subject me to your Saturday night piss up, to which none of us are invited, and then you drippin about some irate customer that you pissed of who was nasty, amazing!!

UA

I am the mod for this board - read the posting rules

Essentially anything goes on this board unless it becomes tedious or gratuitously offensive

This is not a case of Mods ganging up on you - this is the board where JB can post what she likes, this subject would have been off-topic elsewhere

Calm down

BP at the risk of offending you, I don't think your Avatar shows kidneys, I have no medical experience, but perhaps one of the Scablifters could confirm my diagnosis :roll:

Oh, I did receive worse onboard, believe me!

Just have to remind the men that women have a place these days. They don't like it, write a letter to the government :roll:

Bitching men are worse than a bitching woman at times :wink:

I must be really sad - I love it when they phone and keep them going for ages and ages until they get to the point of asking me for my bank/credit card details! I then tell them I don't give them over the phone and have a great discussion with most of them as to how if they give me there number I'll give them mine! Funny how they never want to - once had a n argument for nearly half an hour on that - the way I see it is that if they put the phone down on you you've won!

There was a chap who recently published a strategy for dealing with cold callers and wasting their time by asking them inane questions

I'll see if I can find it

I used to like it when the bank rung me up about something and started the conversation by asking for my password. They got very confused when I told them that I would not tell them because they might be a nasty crook ringing me up to get the information. They would then ask me to ring them and I would say that they might be nasty crooks giving me a wrong number to call so that I gave them my password. Then they would suggest that I look up the phone number in the telephone book to which I would ask them what they wanted me to ring them about. They would say they could not tell me until I gave them my password and we would go around in the circle once again.

The other one that is good fun is when someone rings up for someone else in the house and they will not say who they are or what it is about due to the Data Protection Act. To that I inform them that the Data Protection Act prevents me from saying whether the person they are looking for lives here or if they are at home.

Jenny_Dabber said:
UncleAlbert said:
Out the way ratty I ent finnished yet.

Strange to see a moderator after getting a bit of constructive criticism strutting around telling someone not to comment or read, after all if you can’t discriminate between a blogg and a forum then that’s not my fault I just thought I was being helpful.
I went to Butlins last w/end to a 60`s do, I’ve had a good week at work and booked in a sqillion pounds worth of work and this week end I’m off down the boat to start getting it ready for launching. Now arn`t you glad I shared that with you. NO of course you’re not , safe to say you couldn’t give a flying fcuk what I`ve been doing so why subject me to your Saturday night piss up, to which none of us are invited, and then you drippin about some irate customer that you pissed of who was nasty, amazing!!

Wind your frigging neck in :evil:

Why subject us to your spint of PMT, have a problem with it or women in general who cares? Like I have said before, don't like it don't read it or comment, fullstop!

Now pick those toys up and place them back in the pram :wink:
180px-Attentionwhore.jpg

Jenny_Dabber said:
Had a nasty customer on the phone tonight, I know with my job there will be a lot of verbal abuse full stop. Just take it on the chin; I just think if some one is sad enough to rip into some one for no good reason, well what a great life they lead! But tonight one guy did my head in! For no reason he started screaming at me, so I just sat there and put him on mute until he stopped. Next thing I know he repeatedly threw the word c you next Tuesday at me. That is a word I cringe at, I can not stand it, it’s disgusting and I was actually really offended by this.

So what did I do, well my supervisor will not tolerate any kind of abuse towards females that can be ‘under the belt’ (excuse the pun), so this customer is, well, no longer a customer! Which pee’d him off even more and now I am subject to spamming of god knows what! (This guy was on his way out anyway)

1) How sad and low can people be! OK my line of work deals with a whole different species of human but still…..
2) That C word, grrrr, has to be the most offensive towards a female ever

I know it seems like I am moaning but it’s not the point of this!

What, in your life time, have you come to find too offensive it made you cringe? Or I can re-phrase this, what have you done offensive towards others!

Try working for London Underground,we used to have passengers.Now we have' C' ustomers.Bless their cotton socks!!

Nutty said:
janner said:
BP at the risk of offending you, I don't think your Avatar shows kidneys, I have no medical experience, but perhaps one of the Scablifters could confirm my diagnosis :roll:

Janner you silly old sea dog.

If you want to confirm you diagnosis check the BraBounce-On-Meter

www.shockabsorber.co.uk

Nutty

I was going to suggest that we started a collection to buy him some nipples

Latest Threads