To Kill or not to Kill

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by rod-gearing, Oct 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Over the last week or so I have been plagued by a mouse who has decided to take up residence in my cellar.
    Being an animal lover I have used an humane mouse trap to catch him/her.
    Every time I release the little beggar he reappears the following morning in the trap.
    He his costing me a fortune in choclate that I use for bait,and I now suspect that he has his own key!

I have blocked up all entry holes etc but he still appears

My problem is,do I humour him or use a Nippy trap and put an end to it?

The only other alternative is to take him on a long jorney in the country and dump him off along the way but I suspect the little blighter has probably got a GPS.

Your thoughts will be geartly appreciated.
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Alot of field mice come in from the cold at this time of year so your mouse might only be a temporary visiter.

Alternativley catch it and release it in next doors garden, or fry it with butter and garlic.
  3. Sorry mate but you really have no alternative but to kill the thing.
    These little blighters are sociable and will bring all their mates along to see their new home.
    I appreciate the feelings of those who don't want to do them in, but, it is your property and you need to look after it.
    Go to a proper hardware shop and and ask for the stuff the council use.
  4. Tried releasing it over the neighbours garden but he's like General Macarthur,He keeps returning.

do you recommend onions as well as garlic?
  5. Noooooo, take him on the long journey and take the batteries out his GPS.
  6. But the batteries work all the other systems, there is no redundancy built in!
  7. wet_blobby

Sauteed onions would work well.
  8. Here's some inspiration

Mouse Recipes

But I still say give him :brave:
  9. Forget mice traps etc, go for a mean killer mog, it's self programming and has a variety of hi-tech sensors to locate surplus rodents, plus of course the appropriate weapons systems to exterminate them. :thumright:

Even better if mog is a dan grade phuk yoo too. :w00t:
  10. use EXLAX chocolate instead, he will not come back for more!!!!
    Thatshow my mum stopped me pinching her chocolate.
  11. Ratatuoille?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  12. PMSL
  14. RG,
    Please watch the film 'Mousehunt' . It is hilarious and would give you many useful ideas to solve your problem!
  15. Thanks will get the DVD asap.
  16. Kill the bas....! :rambo: I keep getting field mice in my shed, they are dying to get to the bait I leave them :thumright:
  17. wet_blobby

18. Call it squeaky and love it :)