to heavy

werqpr

Lantern Swinger
#1
Hi all,was wondering if anyone could help me out, Ive sat both the RT and the interview and passed, I went for the medical and was asked to come back in a few months time in order to shift a bit more weight, when I go back for the medical in the new year will they re-do the whole medical or just see if i've lost the weight? thanks
 
#2
I would've thought they'd redo the medical again just incase something else appears between the last one and when you redo it.

When I had my first medical they found a murmur so had to go for a scan at Haslar. They also redid my medical

I am only basing this on my experience I had when I joined up in 96
 

werqpr

Lantern Swinger
#3
well i've just come back from my Dr's and i'm gonna have a echocardiogram(because i also had a soft heart mumer) with in a month, so fingers crossed it comes back hunky dory, if not i'll go back to the afco and see whats what, in the mean time i'm gonna concentrate on losing more weight and getting fitter!
 

werqpr

Lantern Swinger
#4
also does any one know if it comes back and i do happen to have a irregular heart beat is this an automatic bar to entery??
 
#6
werqpr said:
werqpr said:
also does any one know if it comes back and i do happen to have a irregular heart beat is this an automatic bar to entery??
Any help would be great
Pleased to help, just forward any pies and pints of beer to me. I will consume them on your behalf and gain the weight instead of you :w00t:
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#7
werqpr said:
Hi all,was wondering if anyone could help me out, Ive sat both the RT and the interview and passed, I went for the medical and was asked to come back in a few months time in order to shift a bit more weight, when I go back for the medical in the new year will they re-do the whole medical or just see if i've lost the weight? thanks
If over 18 your original joining medical is valid until age 30 unless you leave & wish to rejoin. If under 18 your original medical is valid 12 months.
Soooooo, if less time has elapsed than stated above, you will simply have your height/weight re-measured. If more time has elapsed, you'll have to drop your tweeds again, etc., unfortunately.

werqpr said:
well i've just come back from my Dr's and i'm gonna have a echocardiogram(because i also had a soft heart mumer) with in a month, so fingers crossed it comes back hunky dory, if not i'll go back to the afco and see whats what, in the mean time i'm gonna concentrate on losing more weight and getting fitter!
A wise course of action.

werqpr said:
also does any one know if it comes back and i do happen to have a irregular heart beat is this an automatic bar to entery??
It depends, many people have heart murmours, most innocent, some not. The Medical Examiner will advise once you have had the echowotsit & he/she has had a shufty at the results.

Good luck.
 
#9
werqpr said:
Hi all,was wondering if anyone could help me out, Ive sat both the RT and the interview and passed, I went for the medical and was asked to come back in a few months time in order to shift a bit more weight, when I go back for the medical in the new year will they re-do the whole medical or just see if i've lost the weight? thanks
They'd just check your weight, unless something else has popped up since the last visit. I was 10.5 stone at 5"10, they wanted me to get down to 10 stone before they'd pass me on my medical (dunno why, 10.5 stone was perfect for my height). I had to go back again, they just checked my weight and did a pee test (5 weeks after the original medical).

However, it could change from doc to doc, you'd have to ask but Ninja is the best to ask.
 

werqpr

Lantern Swinger
#11
Thanks for getting back to me ninja! I'll let you know how the echo thing goes, theres nowt I can do to change it so I'm not gonna worry myself.

You've always been a great help on here, your a credit to the RN and RR, cheers pal :thumright:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil The Fleet Air Arm 0
daffy1 Gaming 0
1ManRiot RMR 27

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top