TMU

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by IlikeB33r, Oct 11, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Just curious, if you passed everything on your medical but you're classed as TMU just so they can get your medical history. (Just need to confirm the dates I hade Asthma and Eczema, which is over 8 years ago for both)

Do I have to do everything I done in the medical again?

Much appreciated!

2. No

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks!

4. Hi all,

To save opening a new thread thought I would post this here.

I am just re-posting because I am a little concerned. Now, I don't know if this is just standard practice (which I'm leaning towards it is?) but I received a letter today in regards to me being TMU. It's just advising me that basically I am TMU and that I was informed by the doctor of the nature of the problem and advised when to continue. I was, he advised because I had Asthma and Eczema when I was young they need to confirm the last time I received a prescription for the both of them (this is fine! Nothing in over 8 years for the both of them). He also said, he will post letters away to confirm the last known date of the prescriptions which I had to sign (this, also fine). Once receiving the both of these I will come back for a medical next month to just confirm I am fine and voila?

Just because the letter seems a little disconcerting I thought I would just post to ease myself that this letter might just be standard process if anyone in the recruiting line is deemed TMU?

It also mentions on the letter that due to staffing issues there are delays in processing candidates who have been deemed TMU.

If anyone can give me re-assurance it would be much appreciated. I'm expecting a phone call tomorrow from my AFCO so hoping all good as soon as Capita receive my medical dates.

Thanks ladies & gents!

5. Sounds pretty standard to me. I think TMU is a pretty common occurrence nowadays so if they're only checking your medical notes to ensure that what you said was true then I wouldn't worry.

6. Yeah, hoping so. Just a little concerned by it on the basis the doc said come in next month so we can finalize the dates and mark you fit for duty then a letter telling me that although the doctor straight up told me I was TMU then he asked questions in regards to both the conditions and advised there shouldn't be a problem. I am doing a peakflow diary as well.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The TMU letter is a bog standard letter.

It's also poorly worded, largely irrelevant & out of date with regard "staffing issues". In fact, it even goes on to apologise on behalf of a third-party contracted civilian company, which enters into the realms of the surreal.

8. That is what I wanted to here, thanks for clearing this up Ninja.

Unfortunately I work for that contracted company and I don't enjoy their presence as I am sure you don't!

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

:)Just don't ask nemesis1066 who drafted it.

10. Capita employee? :eek: