TMU !!

Lynds

Badgeman
My son was just overly honest on his medical form and said he had headaches in the past but has never been to the doctor as they have never been sever, he has never had any medication for them or tests at hospital or GP! He's not been to the doctors in nearly 6 years, he's not had a headache in nearly 2 years, and when he did 2 paracetamol sorted it just like any of us, I have spoken to the GP manager Friday and explained the conversation, she said she would look out for payment and the request would be processed as soon as possible

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It's not so much a case of being 'overly' honest, just plain old honesty is the correct way to go. In the case of migraine, the individual needs to be a couple of years clear of recorded incidences & prescription medication. Had the headaches not been declared & subsequently found to have been a pre-existing but undeclared condition, even in the case of an unrelated medical issue, the individual could face dismissal.

Not that it helps, but I was knocked back a year due to a record of prescribed migraine medication when I first applied to join in 1980.

Lynds

Badgeman
My son has contacted the practice manager and no payment as yet!!!!!! He has spoken to capita who have made excuse after excuse......a few days, tomorrow,end of the week!!!!! Not sure what else he can do??????? His medical was 11th Feb

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The frustration is appreciated, however as stated, if the GP surgery insists they are paid in advance of actually doing anything, then it takes at least 8 weeks for payment. Your son is one of several hundred people in the same situation and whilst that doesn't make it right, it means he is not alone.

If you ask the practice manager to provide the information pending payment, it can move things along, but otherwise I'm afraid it's a case of waiting.

As a matter of interest, how old is your son?

Lynds

Badgeman
Well my son has has confirmation from the GP manager that the report has been sent to capita yesterday and he requested a copy which is compleatly clear and mentions no medical concerns, the GP has done exactly what capita have asked, it was more of a tick list really but that's what capita sent to them

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Fingers-crossed all goes OK. A great pity the GP surgery took until yesterday to actually provide the information requested many weeks ago, particularly if it was just a tick list, whilst they awaited payment before they responded.

Lynds

Badgeman
Will my son be recalled for another medical or just a pass? But I thought the same about the report too, the manager was just "yeh it was just a simple form" for goodness sake!!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
They usually do a "paper review" once they have the documents required. Unless they need to discuss anything further, the review doesn't normally require a further attendance. The next thing you will hear is hopefully "PJFT next".

Lynds

Badgeman
Many thanks for your help ninja stoker.....everything is crossed, oh in reference to your previous question my son will be 17 this year

Latest Threads