TMU !!

squashedbanana

Lantern Swinger
There are so many grey lines, my son has been tmu for 9 weeks and no further forward, just waiting for GP to be paid before report is sent

Try 14 months of TMU then you'll be in my league. But the call with good news all that time later is like winning the lottery (careers-wise) [emoji14]

squashedbanana

Lantern Swinger
14 MONTHS !!!! I get the good news bit but seriously i will be told old to join by then literally !!
My advice, chase. Not your AFCO, the ball is in your court so chase DR, Secretary whoever. If you need it/want it go get it. Unfortunately I wasn't top of anyone's priorities until I put myself there. Politely, of course

Lynds

Badgeman
My son was never told by anyone to take medical records but I really wish someone had said, the doctor he saw said it would all be sorted in 4 weeks so was made tmu for 4 weeks! But he's just waiting for a payment to the GP! The GP has even phoned him to find out what's going on? Do they still want the report? As its ready to send

Justthetip

Badgeman
My advice, chase. Not your AFCO, the ball is in your court so chase DR, Secretary whoever. If you need it/want it go get it. Unfortunately I wasn't top of anyone's priorities until I put myself there. Politely, of course

Luckily I did I got bored and emailed then i was told TMU. Shame no one actually told me or updated me. In these days you would think they have an online system to update you etc.

In any event today I rang my GP, apparently they had a letter to do a report but was told he will do it outside his working hours ... so basically I am waiting .. I have also informed him I want to see what he is writing i do not trust him, plus I have my own records.

I will carry on but seriously they should have a leaflet or notes on what to bring, this could have been solved ALOT quicker and get more people in ALOT quicker (thought they had a shortage).

Lynds

Badgeman
My son had a lot of contact prior to the medical, really good interview, what happens next etc but at no point was he advised to take records, he even spoke to him a few days before for advice on what to wear etc....if only he had known!!! But there is no contact with anyone, he contacts the GP surgery and his Afco and all he gets is either....sorry no payment yet or it's just a waiting game sorry! It's just all so frustrating when it could of been so easy if he was told, to make it worse he's not even been to the doctors for 6 years + nor is he on any medication and never has been

Justthetip

Badgeman
My son had a lot of contact prior to the medical, really good interview, what happens next etc but at no point was he advised to take records, he even spoke to him a few days before for advice on what to wear etc....if only he had known!!! But there is no contact with anyone, he contacts the GP surgery and his Afco and all he gets is either....sorry no payment yet or it's just a waiting game sorry! It's just all so frustrating when it could of been so easy if he was told, to make it worse he's not even been to the doctors for 6 years + nor is he on any medication and never has been

I agree I ONLY got a doctor three months ago because I HAD to have one !! Even though am fit and well and get on with flu etc. I was told and thought be easier to have someone to verify my health ... now he is saying he doesn't have enough info !!

The AFCO simply say oh TMU is for anything try calling your GP .. GP says he is awaiting Navy forms etc ... Navy says contact AFCO ....and the circle begins

Lynds

Badgeman
It really is frustrating my son contacts the GP and they say contact navy and vice versa! Afco says just wait as it does take a long time this part but your not told this at interview or the actual medical!!!!!! It's like no one understands or really bothers that people have got lives and all this waiting really isn't fair when it could all be sorted so easily..... How long does it actually take to press pay on a computer screen??????
But good luck and I hope you can sorted/answers soon

Latest Threads