TMU - what next after clearance

Hi all, I'm new to this process and have had a search to see if I can find the answer to my question so apologies if I'm going over old ground.

I'm currently TMUd for eczema. I'm waiting for my doctor to confirm that I last had an appointment around May 2015 meaning that I'll be 3 years clear by May 2018.

My question is this: once my doctor confirms that I last had treatment in May 15 will my application then be put on hold until May 18 so that the Navy doctors have confirmation that I haven't had a recurrence of eczema or will the Navy keep going with my application in the meantime?

I'm worried that my application will just keep dragging on.

I originally applied in Sept 17 and have passed my RT and initial interview so I guess the next step (after the TMU is sorted) would be an actual medical?

Thanks for any answers.
Cheers.

Dear, Dear Pedro96, You must understand that Naval surgeons, and medical personnel in the forces are 9 to 4. If you want any hope of being renascent again, your best option is probably the civilian or private sector. But the later will cost you, where the former will make you wait. Up to you my friend. Good luck, and Happy New Year.

I applied in September and passed my RT and interview, had my medical but I’m tempounfit because I’ve got braces on, I got told the process will carry on and I could do the pjft, however since my medical which was at least a month ago I’ve not heard anything. I think it’s a bit of a waiting game

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
To avoid confusion due to the ramblings of @Feerless Phil, an application cannot progress beyond the medical until outstanding medical conditions are resolved. That is to say the PJFT cannot be taken, nor an entry date requested or PRNC attended. The reason is simply because if the condition re-occurs, the mandated timespan clock starts afresh once symptom & treatment free. If your AFCO medical examiner lets you take the PJFT, it's their shout (usually based on the manning position in your chosen branch) but an entry date cannot be allocated, nor prnc attended until fully fit.

In the case of orthodontal treatment, it's not viewed as a medical condition but you cannot be signed-off fit for entry until the medical criteria for entry is met. In most cases nowadays, the AFCO medical examiner permits the application to continue if you have braces and they come off fairly soon.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I applied in September and passed my RT and interview, had my medical but I’m tempounfit because I’ve got braces on, I got told the process will carry on and I could do the pjft, however since my medical which was at least a month ago I’ve not heard anything. I think it’s a bit of a waiting game
Call your AFCO next week to check.

Yeah I guessed as much but was hoping that there was a slight chance that it would carry on in the meamtime. I suppose it makes sense.

When you say the AFCO medical examiner, is that the AFCO at my local recruiting office or someone else?

Cheers again for the responses.

Hi all, I'm new to this process and have had a search to see if I can find the answer to my question so apologies if I'm going over old ground.

I'm currently TMUd for eczema. I'm waiting for my doctor to confirm that I last had an appointment around May 2015 meaning that I'll be 3 years clear by May 2018.

My question is this: once my doctor confirms that I last had treatment in May 15 will my application then be put on hold until May 18 so that the Navy doctors have confirmation that I haven't had a recurrence of eczema or will the Navy keep going with my application in the meantime?

I'm worried that my application will just keep dragging on.

I originally applied in Sept 17 and have passed my RT and initial interview so I guess the next step (after the TMU is sorted) would be an actual medical?

Thanks for any answers.
Cheers.
My son was lined up to join Dartmouth two years ago but at medical was told that eczema precluded permanently across all 3 services so I'm surprised you were TMUd. Hopefully you'll get in this year.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk