Tmu protein in urine

Discussion in 'International' started by Carlsmith, Oct 1, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i know I've posted a couple threads now and may seem like I'm not searching for the topics but I was tmu'd today for pro turn in my urine I don't take protein shakes or anything did have a lovely Tbinesteak the night before but apparently that's won't do it what I did want to know though was a rough time scale between being tmu'd and being passed the I've got a doctors appointment next week so if I'm all fine with that the doctor for the medical said he will pass me I don't need another medical he will sign me off through paperwork so if anyone has any knowledge what time scale am I looking at from being tmu'd to being passed medically fit I know it depends on how long my foctor takes to file paper work but a rough estimate will help

2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I recommend reading up on persec, then create a new log on and in future spend some time reading your posts before you hit enter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. What the **** is a Tbinesteak? It's eating one of those that could be your problem!
    The full stop key is at the bottom right of your keyboard.

• Like Like x 1
  4. exJenny

I'm still wondering what a pro turn is.

5. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Or a foctor? I knew a lovely naval nurse. I tried all my best lines, bought her flowers, got a snog but never foctor.

Bummer.

No, not that either.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Tbinesteak.
    TB in his tea cake ? That's worse than Ebola in his trifle. He'd better see a foctor.

7. You might want to have a chat with a GP regarding your kidney function.

More importantly you might want to have a chat with your old English teacher. Go over some topics...just saying

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sorry for the poor grammar I did write that yesterday after a couple pints and didn't read before hitting enter, it was protein and T-bone steak and it isn't my real name my logon. English really isn't my best subject so I could do with going back to my old teacher

9. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Did you not start a similar thread the other day in which you were having snags getting in because of financial problems with debt and a credit rating. Maybe the universe is telling you something Carl?

I'm sure Angry Doc might be able to give you a better answer than me, but there are a number of reasons whilst protein can apparently turn up in urine.

1) Fucked testing sticks and there is no protein there.

2) Dehydration.

3) Kidney or urinary infections.

4) Other reasons such as kidney disease.

The human body is a wonderful thing - so chomping on half a cow the night before will not result in proteinuria. Chat to your GP.

10. exJenny

What was your RT score again?

11. Trainer yes that was me who started the thread the other day I have researched a couple reasons behind why protein could be in my urine however o didn't really mind that just wanted a rough estimate as to how long after being tmud I will be back on track I have a doctors appointment next week and should all be ok and funnily enough my ft score was 107 8 wrong on the English

12. exJenny

That's another couple of pints you've had.

13. No I'm completely sober just didn't read it back as I said English really isn't my strong point but I can count

14. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Just a few on the house for you, CS, guaranteed protein-free.:rolleyes:

15. I'll have to work on those.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Wish I was qualified to say stuff like that :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Was this an isolated urine test strip or a formal Mid Stream Urine test (MSU) sent to a laboratory? If it was a test strip, strenuous physical activity or the presence of semen (recent ejaculation) can show up as a false positive proteinuria. There are other causes that should be investigated further to exclude them and therefore you should take the guidance given by your GP.

18. Thanks for the reply bud. I have been docs and no protein found so it's all passed and over now.

19. I take it that it was a false positive, just a bit of a W⚓️ then....

20. Yeah the doc did say it could have been from sex the night before