TMU - Occupational Health Referral

Phalanx

Midshipman
I had my medical on Thursday and after the Doctor had a chance to review the guidelines regarding hayfever, he called me to say that he had to deem me TMU, as the guidelines regarding hayfever were conflicting and he was unsure.

He has said that he will refer me to Occupational Health. Has anyone ever had this happen before, or know how long it takes for a decision to be made?

I had already waited 2 months for my GP to complete a report regarding it and send it to Capita. Capita was happy with it when they reviewed the report.

Thanks
Phalanx

Edit: I haven't suffered from hayfever for over a year, and I do not take any medication currently and haven't done for a year to two years.

Last edited:

Chalk_bosun

Lantern Swinger
Apparently it's common for people to be declared TMU pending paper trails/investigations/ etc etc. Not necessarily cause for concern but if you don't hear anything for 2-4 weeks, give your AFCO a call. Paperwork has been known to get "stuck", and sometimes a few phone calls is the proverbial Cillit Bang to the massive U-bend that is Capita, and will get things moving nicely again.

OH might just be a phone conversation with a nurse.

Phalanx

Midshipman
Thank you, haven’t heard anything quite yet but I’ll give it another couple of weeks. I did receive an email last week saying that a review has been booked by capita for last Thursday, one that I didn’t have to attend, not heard anything of it yet though. Thanks again!

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
I did receive an email last week saying that a review has been booked by capita for last Thursday, one that I didn’t have to attend, not heard anything of it yet though.
You can call them, the admin staff can update you on the progress.

0345 034 1437

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R TMU for past bout of depression, what are my chances? Joining the Royal Navy 11
G I got TMU Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
B TMU and Private Clinic? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
C TMU potentially PMU. Trying for MEO Joining the Royal Navy 10
K TMU wait after sending in supporting documents Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
O Resit recruitment test after TMU? Joining the Royal Navy 3
WannabeAdmiral Rather confusing TMU Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
P TMU - what next after clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
W TMU referred to chief medical officer- hair pulling Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
LadyLola TMU. Confused! Joining the Royal Navy 6
DontDrown TMU "Old War Story" Usual Boring Queries; but any advice most welcome! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
A Made a mistake on medical form, declared TMU Joining the Royal Navy 11
A TMU Help please!! Joining the Royal Navy 7
W Failed my medical - TMU Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Justthetip TMU !! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
L Tmu Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
C Tmu protein in urine International 25
squashedbanana Join me on the TMU train... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
P TMU'd for 2 years Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
3 TMU'd now what? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
J BMI slightly too low.. TMU? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
A TMU reasons and outcomes The Corps 7
IlikeB33r TMU Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P TMU process of appeals Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
P TMU issue Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
MoD_RSS Taking action on climate risk: Improving governance and reporting by occupational pension schemes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Investment innovation and future consolidation for occupational DC pension schemes MoD News 0
BFRS NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS Occupational Therapist Band 7 - DMRC Headley The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
R Aussie Occupational Health Study Report on 'O' Boats Submariners 2
rictic Occupational hazards Diamond Lil's 5
MoD_RSS LLWR's outstanding health and safety record recognised at RoSPA awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS G20 Finance and Health Ministers – statement on COVID-19 response: 17 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS High temperatures forecast for parts of England prompts heat-health warning MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Paraguayan Ministry of Health and Stirling University sign agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Public Health England launches new Every Mind Matters campaign MoD News 0
I Previous mental health records. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Veterans UK looking for new ways to help ease the pressure on the National Health Service and continue processing claims safely MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Relaunch of the health and wellbeing alliance: call for refreshed membership MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The way you apply for an export health certificate is changing – register now MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The future of public health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government creates new National Institute for Health Protection MoD News 0
F Appealing PMU for Mental Health Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS COVID-19 health disparity review: letter to stakeholders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Research study into long-term health impacts of COVID-19 launched in the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS APHA launches first plant health apprenticeship scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and care workers to self-isolate on return to England from high-risk countries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and care workers to self-isolate on return to UK from high-risk countries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS APHA launches recruitment campaign for plant health inspectors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Marine and coastal areas linked with better health and well-being MoD News 0