TMU - Occupational Health Referral

I had my medical on Thursday and after the Doctor had a chance to review the guidelines regarding hayfever, he called me to say that he had to deem me TMU, as the guidelines regarding hayfever were conflicting and he was unsure.

He has said that he will refer me to Occupational Health. Has anyone ever had this happen before, or know how long it takes for a decision to be made?

I had already waited 2 months for my GP to complete a report regarding it and send it to Capita. Capita was happy with it when they reviewed the report.

Thanks
Phalanx

Edit: I haven't suffered from hayfever for over a year, and I do not take any medication currently and haven't done for a year to two years.

Last edited:
Apparently it's common for people to be declared TMU pending paper trails/investigations/ etc etc. Not necessarily cause for concern but if you don't hear anything for 2-4 weeks, give your AFCO a call. Paperwork has been known to get "stuck", and sometimes a few phone calls is the proverbial Cillit Bang to the massive U-bend that is Capita, and will get things moving nicely again.

OH might just be a phone conversation with a nurse.

Thank you, haven’t heard anything quite yet but I’ll give it another couple of weeks. I did receive an email last week saying that a review has been booked by capita for last Thursday, one that I didn’t have to attend, not heard anything of it yet though. Thanks again!

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
I did receive an email last week saying that a review has been booked by capita for last Thursday, one that I didn’t have to attend, not heard anything of it yet though.
You can call them, the admin staff can update you on the progress.

0345 034 1437