Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TMO Acquaint Course

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
To punt a random guess, the clue is probably in the word 'acquaint'. What the Navy calls acquaint, others may call insight, look at life or work experience. There's nothing to catch you out unaware, just a chance to gain a look-see at what TMOs actually do, day to day, the range of employment opportunities, the good, the bad, the downright ugly and an opportunity to gain an honest appraisal of the job by meeting and talking to those who do the job already.

I'm guessing there are no Commando Tests, Firefighting or Damage control evolutions, leaving harbour briefs, Dunker drills or Sea Survival elements on the acquaint although they may make reference to them as some TMOs may well have experienced them at some point of their service career.

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
@Ninja_Stoker is bang on the money. You'll get to chat to the key player TMOs at that top secret engineering training facility located in the Gosport area. Shown around, and be given an idea of what the training pipeline and series of jobs (sorry I won't use the term career structure) , for a TMO is. You may even get a curry lunch.

Unless of course, you come on one of the acquaints I organise, which will include at some stage in the day, me taking you over to the Gym and breaking you.

Enjoy - I may even growl at you in the corridor if I see you.

Feeling quite proud at the moment because one of my protégés is about to start Dartmouth as a baby TMO.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Just to add, if visiting Sultan, you will also get to meet the typical student you will be training/teaching. The difference, obviously, with regard the calibre of the trainee is that some will also be graduates, some won't have a GCSE to their name but they want to be there (mainly), they are getting paid to be there and it is in their interests to pass the subjects you are instructing in order to further their career.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D TMO/Logistics Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
H What is the role of TMO Joining the Royal Navy 7
J Upcoming AIB for TMO Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
S Applying for the TMO Officer Role but no GCSE math Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
P Training Management Officer (TMO) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
C TMO - Career Prospects Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
N TMO information Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
W TMO and previous service Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Navy RPC / acquaint course 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Ninja_Stoker Potential Officer Acquaint Visits 2018 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
K BRNC Acquaint 6-9 July Joining the Royal Navy 3
C Open/Acquaint Days RFA 5
T Royal Navy Acquaint Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
A Medical Acquaint Visit Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
D Royal Navy Acquaint Course : What do i actually need to take with me ? ( Urgent ! ) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
M Acquaint course? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
J Logistics Officer Acquaint Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
DublinRum navy acquaint day Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
C RPC Acquaint Monday 13th December, anyone else? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
C Rating acquaint course info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
J Acquaint course, Culdrose Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
oscar_the_grouch Submariner Acquaint Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 35
S Acquaint courses Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Acquaint courses The Fleet 0
N Warfare Officer acquaint Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
D Navy Acquaint Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Lynx101 Culdrose Acquaint and BRNC November 09 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
C No Royal Navy Acquaint Course for me! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
F What to wear to Acquaint course? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
A Warfare Officer Acquaint Course - 17th May Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
C BRNC Dartmouth Acquaint Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
P Potential Officer Warfare Acquaint Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S Royal Naval Acquaint Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
Danny86 RNAC acquaint course 25th - 28th Feb 2008 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
F Poc/Acquaint - RNAS Culdrose 14th - 17th Jan The Fleet Air Arm 13
D diver acquaint course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil Portsmouth News: RN Officer Makes History After Being Named Top Naval Student On Germany's Most Prestigious Course The Fleet 2
A Course joining instructions Bases / Shore Est 7
MoD_RSS Universities can bid for more healthcare course places MoD News 0
Alfacharlie Shittest course, ever Diamond Lil's 42
D Information on RFA Cadet Officer (Deck) course RFA 6
MoD_RSS Analysis and examination of foods - postgraduate course 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS London model ship builder helps chart the course of Qatar’s history MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Somali soldiers graduate from UK-led training course MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New transferee course begins next week MoD News 0
B Marine Engineering phase 2 Course length?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S All Arms Commando Course, Writer Branch Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
MoD_RSS The National Careers Service course directory is changing MoD News 0
S Chef Apprentice course RFA 24
S All Arms Commandos Course Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2