Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tivyside Advertiser: "Sailor Sion Plots His Escape"

soleil

War Hero
SailorSion.jpg

"A sailor from Cardigan is plotting an escape from his shore-base in Cornwall to head for London by whatever means possible with the aim of raising as much money as he can for the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity (RNRMC).

Leading Physical Trainer (LPT) Sion Jenkins is one of four sailors from HMS Raleigh who have signed up for the daring mission, starting on Wednesday 30 April. They plan to travel around 230 miles to the nation’s capital arriving at Twickenham by Saturday 3 May in time for the annual Royal Navy v Army rugby match; one of the highlights of the military sporting calendar."

Sailor Sion plots his escape (From Tivyside Advertiser)

soleil

War Hero
3072649521.jpg

"A sailor from Chatteris is plotting an escape from his shore-base, in Cornwall, to head for London by whatever means possible with the aim of raising as much money as he can for the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity (RNRMC).

Lt Cdr David ‘Freddy’ Fox is one of four sailors from HMS Raleigh who have signed up for the mission."

Chatteris sailor on a mission - Fenland Citizen

Rachelthree

War Hero
Fair play to the lady, however she reminds me of nervously waiting in the Afco for results or something- seen that DVD about 6 times :p

Seadog

War Hero
A sailor from Cardigan is plotting an escape from his shore-base in Cornwall

He and his oddly uniformed team mates 'escaped' two days ago. Saw it on my Facebook feed. 'Feed' is sometimes appropriate.

As for their rig; you can't see me trousers, you can see me bright orange hoodies? WTF is that? If you want the public to associate you with the Navy, wear something............naval.

As for the 'rousing' send off party, there are some more sartorial fails in the trouser department going on there.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The thread was started at the beginning of the week, Seadog.

...and apart from some progress PR photos, little else has changed. Unless they get involved in an RTI (God forbid) or they pull out of the event, or actually arrive at their destination, we don't need to receive continuous updates. Thanks to the information in your posts we can get all of that from the hyperlinks or from other sources (Facebook, etc.).

Seadog

War Hero
The thread was started at the beginning of the week, Seadog.

It was. I meant to copy a section of post # 2, posted today which says;

A sailor from Chatteris is plotting an escape from his shore-base,
My bold, my bad.

He and his oddly uniformed team mates 'escaped' two days ago.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Despite all the nay sayers and miserable gits commenting on here, Freddy, Natasha and team have made it to London and raised a lot of dosh for the RNRMC.

Shame it was all for nothing because of the clothes they were wearing. Never mind, I'm sure someone in need won't give a **** about an orange jacket or a pair of combats!!

Seadog

War Hero
Good effort. If they'd looked 'Navy' instead of 'WTF' maybe they would have raised more.

Maybe.

Seadog

War Hero
And the reason for the 1/hi viz tousers is?

No good blaming Health and Safety for unbecoming, unworthy and un-naval 'uniform' until E&E courses require candidates to wear hi-viz clothing, tracking devices and report their position every hour.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "Royal Navy To Pay Faslane Tribute On VE Day 75th Anniversary" Bases / Shore Est 7
soleil Swindon Advertiser: "Swindon Jobseekers Get A Virtual Reality Glimpse Of Work With The Royal Navy" Submariners 2
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "Real-Life Comic Book Heroes Mark Submarine Service's Birthday At Faslane Dinner" Submariners 0
soleil Leatherhead Advertiser: "The Story Behind The Sea Cadets" SCC and URNU 0
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "Award Honour For Navy Chef" The Fleet 5
soleil Ayr Advertiser: "Flying Without Wings!" The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "Navy Widow Takes Heart From Town's Support" Submariners 1
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "The Remarkable Career Of Commander Ian Riches" Submariners 0
soleil Swindon Advertiser: "Nerve Centre Based In Wiltshire’s Leafy Lanes At Corsham" Bases / Shore Est 6
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "Faslane Base Welcomes New Commander" Submariners 10
soleil Ayr Advertiser: "I Need A Minishant Hero" The Fleet Air Arm 22
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "Prince To Visit Faslane" Submariners 8
soleil Andover Advertiser: "£17.5m HMS Edinburgh Refit Completed" The Fleet 2
soleil H. Advertiser: Helensburgh & Trident: Election Epicentre Submariners 0
soleil Redditch Advertiser: Redditch lad beats odds to become a RM The Corps 5
soleil Yellow Advertiser: "In the Navy" The Fleet Air Arm 7
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "Whale in Gareloch waters?" Submariners 6
Naval_Gazer Queen approves posthumous VC for WWII Australian minesweeper sailor International 1
soleil FB: BBC Archive - On This Day - 1976 - Sailor The Fleet 25
soleil Plymouth Live: "Plymouth Sailor Corners Bungling Burglar Who Terrified Woman Then Fell From The Roof" Bases / Shore Est 0
P Enlighten a soon to be Sailor with your wildest stories from runs ashore! The Quarterdeck 17
soleil FB: RN - Liverpool: 18-year-old Sailor Rhys Gets A Birthday Surprise From His Family On Board HMS Prince Of Wales The Fleet 0
soleil Gibraltar Chronicle: "Police Renew Search For Sailor Who Went Missing In 1986" Bases / Shore Est 4
R 'The Red Sailor' (Patrick O'Hara) Diamond Lil's 24
Ageing_Gracefully What do you do with the drunken sailor? Diamond Lil's 49
K Girlfriend of a Sailor Nearest & Dearest 4
E Help me identify this sailor..... History 37
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy sailor killed during World War 1 is honoured as he is laid to rest MoD News 2
MoD_RSS News story: An unknown British World War 1 sailor's grave identified and rededicated a centrury after his death MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER The Red Sailor The Book Club 37
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of brave Sussex born WW1 sailor finally rededicated almost a century later MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of World War 1 sailor rededicated 100 years after his death MoD News 0
BoatyMcBoatFace How much of the world does the average RN sailor see? Travel & The Great Outdoors 114
MoD_RSS News story: British Battle of Jutland sailor killed 100 years ago is finally honoured after... MoD News 0
slim Portsmouth sailor acquitted of voyeurism charge after recording steamy shower romp Diamond Lil's 34
northern-matelot Forgotten grave found and restored by sailor and his dog. The Quarterdeck 13
slim Who Wants their own copy of Patrick O'brians Red Sailor? The Book Club 16
justadrama soldier to sailor Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 58
M Death of sailor MoD News 0
dixie_gooner Sailor dies in incident on HMS Bulwark MoD News 20
S You can take a sailor away from the Navy, but you can't take the Navy out of a sailor Current Affairs 10
soleil Heart: "Portsmouth Sailor Given Bravery Award" MoD News 1
SONAR-BENDER What shall we do with the drunken sailor? Pay a million. Diamond Lil's 66
soleil Pompey News: "Gosport Sailor Freed From Prison Over Gun Drama On Ship" The Fleet 29
A Sailor Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 15
soleil Derby Telegraph: "Asbestos On Royal Navy Ships Killed Derby Sailor" Health & Fitness 4
soleil Herald: "Tributes As "Inspirational" Royal Navy Sailor Dies Aged 35" The Fleet 5
P The Virgin Sailor The Book Club 1
P The Virgin Sailor The Book Club 0
P The Virgin Sailor The Book Club 0