Tivyside Advertiser: "Sailor Sion Plots His Escape"

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by soleil, Apr 28, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. SailorSion.jpg

"A sailor from Cardigan is plotting an escape from his shore-base in Cornwall to head for London by whatever means possible with the aim of raising as much money as he can for the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity (RNRMC).

Leading Physical Trainer (LPT) Sion Jenkins is one of four sailors from HMS Raleigh who have signed up for the daring mission, starting on Wednesday 30 April. They plan to travel around 230 miles to the nation’s capital arriving at Twickenham by Saturday 3 May in time for the annual Royal Navy v Army rugby match; one of the highlights of the military sporting calendar."

Sailor Sion plots his escape (From Tivyside Advertiser)

2. 3072649521.jpg

"A sailor from Chatteris is plotting an escape from his shore-base, in Cornwall, to head for London by whatever means possible with the aim of raising as much money as he can for the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity (RNRMC).

Lt Cdr David ‘Freddy’ Fox is one of four sailors from HMS Raleigh who have signed up for the mission."

Chatteris sailor on a mission - Fenland Citizen

3. Fair play to the lady, however she reminds me of nervously waiting in the Afco for results or something- seen that DVD about 6 times :p

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Ninja's not that scary, is he..? :twisted:

5. sgtpepperband

Is there a pic/story about them buying scran and having a dump?

6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

He and his oddly uniformed team mates 'escaped' two days ago. Saw it on my Facebook feed. 'Feed' is sometimes appropriate.

As for their rig; you can't see me trousers, you can see me bright orange hoodies? WTF is that? If you want the public to associate you with the Navy, wear something............naval.

As for the 'rousing' send off party, there are some more sartorial fails in the trouser department going on there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The thread was started at the beginning of the week, Seadog.

8. 10155266_10152389544048205_1084976914856673980_n.jpg

9. sgtpepperband

We demand some "visiting McD's/shithouse" stories and pics! :evil:

10. sgtpepperband

...and apart from some progress PR photos, little else has changed. Unless they get involved in an RTI (God forbid) or they pull out of the event, or actually arrive at their destination, we don't need to receive continuous updates. Thanks to the information in your posts we can get all of that from the hyperlinks or from other sources (Facebook, etc.).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Seadog

It was. I meant to copy a section of post # 2, posted today which says;

My bold, my bad.

He and his oddly uniformed team mates 'escaped' two days ago.

12. Despite all the nay sayers and miserable gits commenting on here, Freddy, Natasha and team have made it to London and raised a lot of dosh for the RNRMC.

Shame it was all for nothing because of the clothes they were wearing. Never mind, I'm sure someone in need won't give a **** about an orange jacket or a pair of combats!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seadog

Good effort. If they'd looked 'Navy' instead of 'WTF' maybe they would have raised more.

Maybe.

14. Elfin safety plays a part, hence the bright jackets.

15. Seadog

And the reason for the 1/hi viz tousers is?

No good blaming Health and Safety for unbecoming, unworthy and un-naval 'uniform' until E&E courses require candidates to wear hi-viz clothing, tracking devices and report their position every hour.