Titsup

iffy

Midshipman
The number of years that I recall-and my father before me that it was wise to avoid the First Sea Lord. They suffered fools badly and had little patience
with grovelling and incompetent Snotties.

Then lovable Ol 'Thingy from Spithead came along and The Andrew went Titsup
Or did it?

OK Norm, I'll bite.

By avoiding those First Sea Lords who "...suffered fools *badly and had little patience etc etc.." you have placed both y'self & your Pater firmly in that very category.

Incidently Sir John Fieldhouse (RIP But arguably the best 1st SL of modern times) was a down-to-earth Yorkshireman and an approachable 'peoples person' who was also renowned for "never suffering fools *gladly". (On reflection - Whoever did, does, or should?)

<<Then lovable Ol 'Thingy from Spithead[1] came along and The Andrew went Titsup Or did it?[2]>>

Decoded [1] = Admiral The Right Honourable The Lord West of Spithead GCB, DSC, PC . was 1SL 2002 to 2006.

Impossible to Decode anything sensible from [2] other than to conclude that OP thinks that the RN might or might not have experienced a major negative upheaval during the tenure of Lord West.

Re: badly Vs gladly. Opposite meanings, a clue to:
"WTF is that silly PSOF wibbling on about now??"

OK Norm, I'll bite.

By avoiding those First Sea Lords who "...suffered fools *badly and had little patience etc etc.." you have placed both y'self & your Pater firmly in that very category.

Incidently Sir John Fieldhouse (RIP But arguably the best 1st SL of modern times) was a down-to-earth Yorkshireman and an approachable 'peoples person' who was also renowned for "never suffering fools *gladly". (On reflection - Whoever did, does, or should?)

<<Then lovable Ol 'Thingy from Spithead[1] came along and The Andrew went Titsup Or did it?[2]>>

Decoded [1] = Admiral The Right Honourable The Lord West of Spithead GCB, DSC, PC . was 1SL 2002 to 2006.

Impossible to Decode anything sensible from [2] other than to conclude that OP thinks that the RN might or might not have experienced a major negative upheaval during the tenure of Lord West.

Re: badly Vs gladly. Opposite meanings, a clue to:
"WTF is that silly PSOF wibbling on about now??"
Glad you decoded that!!! This lowly ex Woo didn't have a clue other than First Sea Lord. All after was round hairy orbs!!!!!!

That'll be it then @BillyNoMates!
With the headline:

Venerable Voyeur Vegan Veteran's Vegetable Vehicle Vented 'Tits-Up'- Verified vamoosed following a violent overdose of Vest-ho's Spithead Pheasant vol-aux-vents.

Vith verbal apologies to Mr Samuel Weller (Junior): <<...”It’s over, and can’t be helped, and that’s one consolation, as they alway say in Turkey, ven they cuts the wrong man’s head off...”>>

Latest Threads