Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by smeeg, Jan 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My god, just got in from night out, ears ringing like hells bells. anyone else suffer/ know of non sick bay cure?
  2. Look after your ears you colossal pancake! Prevention is better than a cure.

My Dad has quite bad ears from the steelworks in the 70's- giant steel pipes would roll down a hill and some of his duties involved standing at the bottom and counting/checking the pipes as they clanged to a stop. Can't talk to him unless I raise my voice, poor bugger.

And it's 'Tinnitus' ;)
  3. No the OP was expressing his opinion that the Festive season brings out the tit in us as his post amply proves.
    Cure for ringing in the ears on Boxing/New Years Day?
    Don't stand next to the stack of speakers with death metal at full volume blaring out of them all night. :D
  4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

R077, try and get your papa to investigate the current NHS digital hearing aids. I was supplied with one quite recently, and after getting the initial set up (which was done wrong) corrected, there is considerable improvement.

Prior to that I coped with tinnitus by training my brain to ignore it. The downside was that I was ignoring anyone starting to speak to me and not clutching in until halfway through the first sentence, a disappointment to her most likely to be wanting to be listened to.