Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinnitus - Bit of help required

kris91

Midshipman
Hi all. Recently i was in the sickbay due to developing tinittus and abit of hearing loss not sure what the level of hearing loss was as the doc didnt say. Got to go back for another audio test next week then refferal to nsmbos. Does anyone know what is likely to happen to me. My branch is WE if that affects anything.

Many thanks

Last edited:

finknottle

Banned
Hi all. Recently i was in the sickbay due to developing tinittus and abit of hearing loss not sure what the doc didnt say. Got to go back for another audio test next week then refferal to nsmbos. Does anyone know what is likely to happen to me. My branch is WE if that affects anything.

Many thanks

Even with a bit of hearing loss it would be difficult to know what the doc didn't say.

A

angrydoc

That all seems rather fast. I hope the cause of your tinnitus has been investigated before you are shipped off to NSMBOS. There must be a significant degree of loss but, from what you've said, it all seems a bit strange. Feel free to contact me via PM if you need further info.

tentoes

War Hero
Hi all. Recently i was in the sickbay due to developing tinittus and abit of hearing loss not sure what the level of hearing loss was as the doc didnt say. Got to go back for another audio test next week then refferal to nsmbos. Does anyone know what is likely to happen to me. My branch is WE if that affects anything.

Many thanks

Even armed with a lot more information than you have given, we could only guess as to what the outcome of your MBOS will be. The MBOS is there to look at your condition and give you a med grade, then the MBOS findings normally go to the employability board to decide if, or how you can be deployed within the service.

Maybe booking another appointment with your sickbay, to ask more in depth questions (current med grade?) about your condition should be your next step. If you are that concerned about it.

kris91

Midshipman
Yeah i have another appointment booked next week for another audio test so will be asking alot of questions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: CDE themed competition webinar: detect and treat hearing loss and tinnitus MoD News 0
S Joining with tinnitus on my recent medical history? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
M Tinnitus but passed medical Health & Fitness 22
A A bit of regret The Quarterdeck 15
D Ganges Boys Kit 1945. A bit different from today History 28
SONAR-BENDER Norman, a bit of Deja Vu........ Diamond Lil's 37
MoD_RSS Caroline does her bit to support community Covid-19 response MoD News 0
higthepig A bit of roughers........... The Quarterdeck 6
R Bit of an unusual question The Fleet 27
B Your probably all a bit too skin for this but..... The Corps 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Robber who bit off part of victim’s ear jailed MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully A nifty bit of parking Diamond Lil's 0
Sumo Bit of old history from a brave man History 2
C A little bit of lesser known history Bases / Shore Est 4
C erm... a bit of confusion any help apreciated! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
vauxhall EDP - the best bit Finance & Pensions 3
vauxhall The Best Bit - Have Your Cake and Eat It Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall The Best Bit --- Timing! Finance & Pensions 0
WannabeAdmiral What sort of questions come under the verbal ability bit of the RT? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
L The next bit Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
D Just a bit of clarification with regards system engineer cadet officer recruitment RFA 1
Ballistic A friend bit him, then this happened... Diamond Lil's 5
F The best bit Diamond Lil's 1
S Bit of an odd question... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
alfred_the_great Home Page and the 'rough bit' Site Issues 5
G Revised rules for The Rough Bit. Diamond Lil's 9
G The Rough Bit: The rules. Diamond Lil's 0
C A bit more interview advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
Olly013 A bit of advice for aspiring Pilots, Observers and Aircrewmen Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
trelawney126 Clegg gets a bit if Limelight Current Affairs 7
F Bad taste, or just a bit of fun ? Diamond Lil's 8
angry_mac EC, a bit late chaps... The Quarterdeck 19
F A bit of a quandry The Gash Barge 8
K Just a bit of help would be great...? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
EarlyChop F35, a bit naff? Current Affairs 14
xchiefcook A little bit of help please Nearest & Dearest 2
Topstop A nice bit of music, a sobering film. Motoring 4
BillyNoMates A bit of Frankie. Diamond Lil's 1
Stirling Left a bit....right a bit....shit! Diamond Lil's 2
scouse Could be in for a bit of fun!!! when the Septics train us up for Flight Deck Ops The Fleet Air Arm 4
SecondChanceSam Bit Of Help Please Lads? The Corps 37
trelawney126 Fancy a Bit of Mentoring by Ex Home Secretary Diamond Lil's 1
Z Looking for a bit of help please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Z Just looking for a bit of help Submariners 10
The_Caretaker Paddy...........Did you have a bit to drink last night? Miscellaneous 0
chatsharris A bit of advice needed... (Fancy Dress) Diamond Lil's 33
soleil Navy News: A Little Bit Of "Heart And Soul" From Gloucester The Fleet 0
T Looking for a bit of information on the Buccaneer ... The Fleet Air Arm 32
B need a bit of help- selection interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Rumrat This Bit Aint Funny Current Affairs 21