Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

TIMEWATCH

Wow Rosie, if I was stood opposite you in a court, I'd have pleaded guilty by now.
I actually thought of Annie Oakley etc when I first read Judge John Deed :oops:
Geoff(ers) :?

rosinacarley said:
yes maxi, but you are seeing it from a submariners perspective. Look at it from someone who is interested in history.

I learnt a lot, I never even realised that you could have sub on sub, one has to accept the artistic inaccuracies I think to make the transmission to the layperson more relevant.

I have no idea what a non snorting U boat is, but I am not sure that it detracted from the story that was being told.

Although I am sure it pained you to see the inaccurancies, just as Judge John Deed pains me!

The innacuracies or inconsistancies did not trouble me that much, the interresting bit was one how they got into the right position in the first place, and how they then set about solving a problem no one else had solved before. The chats with the NO were very interesting as was the ability to go and pick bits up with the ROV. I spent a bit of time with a manned submersible picking up torpedos of the sea bottom and that was difficult enough.

I must admit that I have always thought Judge Deed was a trifle far fetched

Geoffers, I would not lower myself to watch such trash!

I seem to remember ages ago when the Mitchells kept needing legal advise - commercial conveyancing to purchase the Queen Vic, representation in criminal matters and I think custody of a child, they used the same bloke each time! As if! Tsk! Trash!

Latest Threads