Timescales

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Spooked, Jan 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone enligten me ito the approximate time scales from AFCO to BRNC at the moment? Is there quite a wait from submitting application to getting an AIB date or should I just assume 6 months?

I'm looking at applying for Aircrew and have a presentation this Jan. So obviously I'll have to wait to do FATs first (is it a long wait? Specific RN boards? Or do the RN just tag along on the Mon and Wed sittings with the Crabs?) and if I pass then go to AIB as well - is the AIB wait quite long or just a matter of weeks post-FATs?

Reason for asking: I need somewhere to rent.... and as most rents are min. 6 months I'm going to need a timescale in mind before commiting to a rental etc.

Also, due to different phases carried out etc. are there Aircrew specific entry dates at BRNC?

Yes I have searched. Yes I have used Google. Yes I have read the RN website.......

Many thanks,

Spooked

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Have you tried ringing your ACLO, assuming you do not have to sign a rental contract before 09:00 tomorrow?

We can all give you guesses, but it depends on many, many variable factors, your ACLO is the one to speak to & even then it's only an estimate I'm afraid.

3. Thanks N_S,

I'm abroad.... and it's not the 7th yet so can't call. I was just asking while I was thinking about it incase anyone had an idea as I'm flat hunting and trying to organise myself.

Wasn't expecting much TBH as it's a big stab in the dark as far as questions go, I mean, how long is a piece of string?!

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

In which case:

Yep.

5. Cheers N_S...

If anyone has info on aircrew intake dates for BRNC as well that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers all!

6. I sent my paperwork in June, went to FAT's in October and was given a 22 week wait for AIB o_O . Needless to say I'm still waiting!

7. Ok, 6 months is a pretty good bet then - thanks Caz.

8. Depends how well you do at AIB for entry date!!Its taken me 14 months, so assume 6 months as a minimum, my wait for AIB was 4 months, some people only had 4 weeks notice. It is pot luck i suppose, i think i was lucky at only waiting for 14 months.

(that is 14 months from phoning Navy and requesting information etc to my BRNC start date.)