Times: "Army To Shed 3,000 More Jobs Amid Heavy Political Fighting"

Sumo

War Hero
Damn good point Sumo, ( not sure who Mark is )

If only I had used the saying correctly first time round, it would have been a very subtle link to an old English character that used the phrase, and link into my suggestion to an home guard?
Mark my words: Mrs Joan Bland will be Ms Yana Mintoff before the year ... episode when Captain Mainwaring (pronounced mannering)
:glasses2:

AAF

War Hero
If only I had used the saying correctly first time round, it would have been a very subtle link to an old English character that used the phrase, and link into my suggestion to an home guard?
Mark my words: Mrs Joan Bland will be Ms Yana Mintoff before the year ... episode when Captain Mainwaring (pronounced mannering)
:glasses2:
Poet Mark Mywords was a regular on The Tube, shame that prog went to the wall.

Sumo

War Hero
How should the T&C be changed to make the job more palatable, do you reckon? Would it be cheaper?

That’s the problem the job is not an easy one to do, sometimes it is all good when you get the draft/job you want. To get bods to do the crap roles is difficult, throwing money is part of the solution but surely not the only one, as I was leaving they were looking at the Harmony rules, but I guess these did not work for shortage categories.
The other main thing that those who choose to leave have not idea about is just how difficult it is outside to find work if you want to stay put in one area, if you are willing to commuter or re-locate it can be a bit easier but you do not have drafty/appointer sorting your next job out, you have to get out there and find work, so for many leavers it’s a culture shock and they soon find out that the grass is not any greener and many end up doing shite jobs. The amount of early leavers I see out in industry almost all regret leaving early, wishing they had stayed for the life style, comradeship, more experience, better qualification, and pension, the amount of money they were paid is not at the top of their list if on the list at all. So if you intend to stay in and someone is offering a nice little earner then you will be foolish not to take it. I chose to stay for pension but when offered redundancy that would have given me full pension and out early I applied unfortunately a shortage branch by then submarine sonar benders, I was declined, I then resolved to do pension time then out so told all bosses not to write me up for 2OE.