Time to begin

Discussion in 'RMR' started by browning, Jul 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Not sure if this is in the right section!?

When are the intakes for officer training, is there more than once a year. Also, after you get through the selection (sorry IF you get through) how long before you can start training.

2. I think I am right in saying that there is only one intake of RM officers per year but I'm not sure about that.
  3. Taken from the BRNC website: "In April of this year BRNC commenced an ambitious and challenging, though patently achievable, project of moving from the traditional 3 entries per annum to 6 each year, effectively receiving a group of new entry officers every 7 weeks". Link to site is http://www.britannia.ac.uk/

4. RM officers train at Lympstone, not BRNC, and there is only one intake a year of 50 or so potential officers.
  5. I believe it was 34 Officers taken in this year, and it was Very competitive, as a number of good guys I know did not make the final cut. However it may be a case of who you know, not what you know as i did meet one guy who is starting this year, who can really only be described as a Biff!

6. Ah yes, always good to have more chiefs than indians to play with the trainset.