TIME SERVED AGAINST TIME AT SEA....

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by horseshoof, Oct 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WHO HAS THE BEST RATIO OF TIME SERVED AGAINST TIME SERVED ON ONE OF HER MAJESTY FINEST WAR CANOE'S!! I'LL START THE BALL ROLLING WITH MINE COMING IN AT A STAGGERING 9 YEARS SERVED...9 DAYS AT SEA! CAN THAT BE BLACK CATTED!!

2. Barrack stanction springs to mind

3. I spent longer than that on one wave. 8O

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Andym will beat that

5. 9 Days?You salty bastard.I can blackcat that,what about 14 hours in 8 years?

6. Now thats impressive, I feel seen off. PVR'ing first thing!

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Gosport Ferry doesn't count Andy :wink:

8. I maybe being quite generous with 14 hours actually.2 afternoons on Harbour training ships and 2 hours on Hermes,where i got totally lost on the way to the galley!

9. NO SHAME IN GETTING LOST ON A PUSSERS GREY, DID YOU GET ANY PHOTS OF YOUR STINT ON BOARD??!! I DIDNT MENTION ANDY THAT 2 OF MY DAYS SEA TIME WERE SPENT IN THE ROUGH SEAS JUST OFF PLYMOUTH ON THE CHAIN FERRY... STILL NOT QUITE FOUND MY SEA LEGS!

10. No photos taken sadly,wasnt on there long enough. :lol: :lol:

11. I spent longer than that under one wave :D

12. I spent longer on puns

13. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

I despair!

14. I wouldn't have the balls to boast about it and call myself a matelot.

15. I seem to remember not-so-long ago a SR on here asking which arm his branch badge should be sewn on to his 8's having not been at sea for eons...

Now thats balls!

16. Isadirty said ''I wouldn't have the balls to boast about it and call myself a matelot''

I posted something similar earlier, very innocuous and very tongue in cheek, however the MOD has seen fit to delete it.... 8O :roll:...must be a Wafoo... :D

17. Must have been a non-tech damned PO. CPOs and proper technocrats know which arm their branch badge should be on when in 8/4s

18. IIRC it was a POMA

19. THIS ONE?
    EASY MISTAKE TO MAKE, WHEN horseshoof HAS THREE THREADS RUNNING ON THE SAME THEME, AND HAS NOTHING ELSE TO CONTRIBUTE, APART FROM SCARING EVERYONE WITH HIS CAPS LOCK!

20. Hoofy must have been a woo.