Time scales between interview and receiving dates

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Karlish, Mar 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering what people's experiences are of waiting times between having their selection interviews and receiving their dates for PRNC and Raleigh?

2. I was quoted January for Raleigh after my interview last monday

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

3. Hi,I was given my date for Raleigh about a week after my interview and was told a rough date for my PRNC but will find out a definate in a couple of months time..This was very quick mainly because Im a girl and due to there being less girls applying they need a certain amount of us for each intake,plus the process has taken me over a year so once I passed my interview I went straight up the list.But for you it will depend on the trade for how long the waiting list is,hope this helps!

4. Thanks for the replies. It's just to give me a rough guide on what to expect, that's all :smile:

5. After my interview last Thursday I was told potentially starting at Raleigh in December due to my careers advisor having knowledge of Weapons Engineers starting then however he did say to take it with a pinch of salt.

Obviously the PRNC will be within six months before your start date.

6. Had my RT in December, PJFT about the beginning of Feb, interview in Feb. Entry date for 16th June and a PRNC squeezed in April (tbc). So all in all about 6 months.

7. Depends on what role you apply for, I've been waiting since July 2011.

8. Hi Karlish, I'm applying for the same role as you and have yet to receive a date to begin training (I passed my interview in April 2012 and was given an estimated waiting time of 24 months from when I did my RT in Jan '12, so I still have a while to go!)

Were you given an estimated wait time to begin training? Like someone has said, each trade/branch has a different timescale to begin training, so you can't really compare between MA and for example, a weapons engineer.

Best of luck with the rest of your application.

9. Wow! That is a long wait! I kind of knew it wouldn't be a quick process, though.

I haven't been given any estimated times to begin training yet. To be honest, I haven't really asked. Thought I'd get all the essential bits sorted before getting too ahead of myself and asking about starting dates.

Fingers crossed you hear soon.

10. OMM

OMM War Hero

Going WE, had Interview December Raleigh dates received 4 weeks later and PRNC dates 8 weeks later

11. I had my interview in July 2012 and got told my start date in January 2013. When i start Raleigh in October 2013 i will have been waiting 2.5 years

12. I've heard nothing back regarding mine yet my CA went to make a phone call about my date after my interview as I'd been in the system for ages (put off my application due to family issues) and he said came back and said January but no mention of a date or PRNC

13. However I'm going in as WSS (sm) and he said the branch is undermanned at the minute so it could be sooner pending a cancellation fingers crossed

14. What job are you going for??