Time in your pit?

Bloody hell, we had Gentleman's hours*.
Turn to at 8.30 at Company Lines, follow Co training programme till 5.00pm, 2 stand easys and an hour for lunch, then fook off into toon for a beverage or three.
Repeat until Friday at 5.00PM then if not dooty booty feck orf big time for the bright lights of Dundee, Edinburgh or for the truly daring Noocastle!
Just get back for more of the same on Monday and you're sweet.

*All bets are off if your on Ops or Ex then it's watch on stop on, yomp to Grid ref 1234-0987 and dig in followed by 2 on-2off on watch, then repeat the next day. It's a grand life.

2_deck_dash said:
NotmeChief said:
2_deck_dash said:
Topstop said:
It messes with you for the rest of you life, still find it difficult to sleep for more than 5hrs and have a power nap 1/2 hour at lunch or tea time.

Concur.

I did a solid 8 weeks of defence watches once (6 on 6 off) it fcuked me up big style. It took about two years to get back into a normal sleeping pattern.
That's because you picked the wrong one. I did the 0700-1300 so basically a normal day. Enjoyed the extra time in my rack and no messing with the body clock even after 18 years of it.
I always got dicked with the afternoon/long morning watch. At least being an OM it meant I could alternate jobs and spend some time on the upper deck on the guns and some time down below watching a radar go round and round.

My action station was the deep mag which meant mega head down time. I even had a pillow stowed in one of the empty 4.5'' cases. Me and my oppo once fell asleep and didn't hear the stand down from action stations pipe. We stayed in the deep mag for around 7 hours while everyone else had gone back into normal watches.

...so fcuk everyone else eh? nice one...

defense watches (4 on 4 off ) have buggered my sleep pattern since 1971 ,now i only have a good night in my bunk after her indoors has been extra special towards my blokey needs

As already stated, the only one to have was 7 to 1, but then RHIP!!! It never screwed up my sleep patterns, but I am a light sleeper anyway. Plus any change in machinery state used to wake up everyone as the ambient noise changed. It took a day or two to get into the routine, but then was fine.

On the other hand, when back in DOLPHIN, well, Mrs SB used to call it 'The Holiday Camp' as I was always at home!! I think a grown up attitude plus a relaxed interpretation of the rules worked well.

Mind you, our boss was an SD, Lt H and was a total tosser - remember him any WE SRs? He was the only bloke I ever NEARLY phoned up the Main Gate about to check his bags for Blue Liners, but I just couldn't bring myself to stoop so low and be a Reggie by proxy.

Ballistic said:
2_deck_dash said:
NotmeChief said:
2_deck_dash said:
Topstop said:
It messes with you for the rest of you life, still find it difficult to sleep for more than 5hrs and have a power nap 1/2 hour at lunch or tea time.

Concur.

I did a solid 8 weeks of defence watches once (6 on 6 off) it fcuked me up big style. It took about two years to get back into a normal sleeping pattern.
That's because you picked the wrong one. I did the 0700-1300 so basically a normal day. Enjoyed the extra time in my rack and no messing with the body clock even after 18 years of it.
I always got dicked with the afternoon/long morning watch. At least being an OM it meant I could alternate jobs and spend some time on the upper deck on the guns and some time down below watching a radar go round and round.

My action station was the deep mag which meant mega head down time. I even had a pillow stowed in one of the empty 4.5'' cases. Me and my oppo once fell asleep and didn't hear the stand down from action stations pipe. We stayed in the deep mag for around 7 hours while everyone else had gone back into normal watches.

Well since it was our watch that was now off watch and racked out, it was us who got seen off.

But yes now you mention it, fuck you and everyone else.

Ballistic said:
2_deck_dash said:
NotmeChief said:
2_deck_dash said:
Topstop said:

Concur.

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:04 pm
Author: Topstop

...[/quote ]:
Sleep when and where you can, 6 on/6 off watchkeeping will sort you out ...[/quote="WreckerL"]

Did, was standing in the corner by the SSE on the Fwd Escape in a fire exersise wearing EBS. next thing I knew was being unable to breath, opening my eyes and looking straight into the Swains with his hand infront kinking the air hose 8O

The fire ex had finished 30 mins earlier and nearly all the crew had been up there to see me asleep standing up :oops:

that bloke in Spain again said:
Mind you, our boss was an SD, Lt H and was a total tosser - remember him any WE SRs? He was the only bloke I ever NEARLY phoned up the Main Gate about to check his bags for Blue Liners, but I just couldn't bring myself to stoop so low and be a Reggie by proxy.
Give us a clue!!

diesel

Lantern Swinger
I always did the 1-7 / first watch.

It has never buggered up my sleep pattern after all those years as these are still my drinking hours :drunken:

Latest Threads