Time for Lord Myners to go

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Maxi_77, Mar 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I understand the good Lord has admited that despite having been told that Fred the Shrd's pension was going to be very big never thought it neccessary to ask how much it was going to be. If this is the guy who is saving our banks we need help, real help.

2. Perhaps Keith Vaz could put in a good word for him.

3. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Only if the good Lord hailed from the Indian sub-continent I think you'll find; if, Lord Myners is , God forbid, a white hetero-sexual male, then he's on his own!

4. Best thing to do then is retire with his big pension!!!!!!!!!!

5. Yet another of Gord's placemen, but twas ever thus - how many of Bliar's mates who were given peerages amounted to anything good?

6. Fred Goodwin says Lord Myners both knew of his pension arrangement and agreed them.Lord Myners says he knew about the pension but not how much.One of the two is telling us porkies and I'm pretty sure I know which one.A couple of weeks ago Sir Fred was going to be dragged through the courts to get the money back by Gord and Harriet Harman.What has happened since? Absolutely sod all.Tells you all you need to know I'd say.Lord Myners is either incompetent or fibbing in either case he should go.

7. I heard on the radio this morning that Lord Myners departures from government is now being forecast. Of course if he does go it will mean Gordon made a mistake appointing him, or will it.

8. Maxi, Gordon doesn't make mistakes!

It was always planned that Lord Myners would retire from government in early '09 to spend more time with his family.

9. He did make one mistake, he didn't notice me sneaking into his constituency, where when the election comes I will have the greatest pleasure in voting for which ever cadidate has the best chance of giving him the old heave ho, even if that is a Tory. (it is very unlikely it will be a Tory but I feel pretty certain that if the SNP and LDs actually worked together they would make pretty short work of letting Gordon spend more time with his family