Time Between Passing out and actual service?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by BobbyP, Jun 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im new to this Forum so first of all Hello to all Members of this Community.

My question is after passing out do You enter service straight away? for example Pass out on Friday and Leave for; Lets say, Afghanistan On monday?

Another question is how would We as a troop be moved to the area of conflict (Afghanistan again for an example)?

Thanks for Your time in replying.
  2. It would potentially be a matter of weeks as you will have to complete pre deployment training first.

As far as traveling, well use your imagination.
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

To infinity and beyond?! 8O

4. Well I am using my imagination and imagine a Boeing 747 over because of the requirement of men over In the Middle east. Ship taking a much longer travel time may not be an option. However I would hope that the Marines would stick to their MARINE routes and Ship it anyway. That would be an experience im sure.
  5. errmmmm Afgan is land locked..............
    During Telic 1 we went via land sea and air!
  6. one word my friend

Thats if the stokers can keep the machine going for more than 2 seconds. There still trying t oiron out the bugs.
  7. Fortunately for you mate they have just invented a ship with caterpillar tracks the size of a Boeing 747 that's covered in machine guns and grenade launchers.

that's how everyone will be getting to the stan soon.......remember where you heard it first and feel free to ask questions about it in the AFCO :confused2:
  8. :rofl: :highfive:
  9. sgtpepperband

S'true... here's the blueprint:

10. Remember Rent-a-Ghost?
    The whole Brigade pich their noses in unison, and a split second later they appear in Helmund.

For those of you who have no idea what Rent-a-Ghost is, I am quite old !
  11. And Mr Claypole wasn't beef in the slightest!!! :thumright:
  12. Shag a Durty Fat Nurse....now thats an experience :thumright:
  13. Per Mare Per Terram :thumright:
  14. sgtpepperband

"By potato"?! :? :wink:
  15. By Sea, by land

The marine motto. And you call yourself a, ex-service man possibly ex-marine I don't know what you do/did. :p
  16. sgtpepperband

"Back of the net!!" [​IMG]
  17. " And the 'Post of the Year' award goes to ......(Sounds of tearing envelope and perhaps Wogan like Pish poor jokes)... Sitmus!!!!
    Unfortunately due to his poor navigation skills and general numptiness Sitmus can't be with us tonight, so here to collect his award is......Credders....er....RoyalMarineBumbaclod...er... anyone...Hello...."
  18. Still he has got a point there, what exactly do you do Mr Sgt Pepper Band behind your Interweb anonimoty..eh, eh??
    :dwarf: :dwarf: :dwarf:
    Answers on the back of a postcard to:
    Royal Naval Police Benevolent Fund
  19. Wait, wait, I'M HERE, I'M HERE!!!! :w00t:
  20. sgtpepperband

Wrong address - it's on 999 Letsby Avenue... :thumbright: