Time between completing fitness test and gaining dates for PRNC

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by hughesy1996, Feb 13, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone help me with how long it takes to get dates after completing and passing the PJFT ? I'm going in as Air Engineering Technician (AET)
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You will be allocated a PRNC date after you have an entry date to join as an AET.

The PRNC will be within 6 months of your start date.

AET is currently about 12 months test to entry and entry dates (apart from short-notice cancellations) are announced about 6-9 months ahead of the actual day you commence Initial Naval Training.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Passed my PJFT on the 13th January for AET and i am currently in the same position as you hughesy waiting for dates! The AFCO just said that i would hear from them soon.
    Thanks Ninja thats helped.
  4. Awesome. Thank you very much ninja !
  5. I passed my on the 29th of jan. I've come across a few people who passed last month also and they've already had their dates
  6. Thats annoying, just want a date confirmed so i have a date to organise myself for and know where i stand. Glad to hear im not alone in this, could have the same dates as each other.
  7. Did my PJFT in Nov 14. PRNC in March 15, plus start Raleigh, March 15. Also as an AET.
  8. Passed my PJFT on the 16th of Feb, going in as ETME so hopefully get a date soon?
  9. Well i passed on the 13th January for AET and im still waiting for a date, would like to know if im going to hear by email, phone or letter if anyone knows?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Zeb

Zeb Badgeman

My son has a date for Raleigh in sept and PRNC in July but now he's been asked to re do his fitness test. It was done around July last year
  11. My careers advisor told me that he would call me
  12. Got a call, start date on 5th July!
  13. Congrats. I hope my date works out about the same time frame or less. Also going for ETME and got my fitness booked for Sunday.
  14. Good luck mate.
  15. KFC

KFC Midshipman

I am also going for ETME and have the same start date.
  16. Cheers, can't wait for it to be out of the way. When did you first apply?
  17. Decent! Guess I'll be seeing a lot of you then! Where are you going for PRNC?
  18. July last year I think? My medical was in October and took four months, had my fitness test Monday just gone.
  19. Fair enough. I also applied in July but got TMU'd which held me back a bit. I have a feeling I'll be one of the oldest down at Raleigh if/when I've passed everything. For some reason I thought intakes were only May/September but guessing it differs depending on branch. Either way I'm just hoping I don't have to wait until September. My AFCO told me May was a possibility but not sure if this is optimistic. Based on your start date I think it probably is.
  20. How old are you? No that's not true, they have intake dates every two weeks as far as I was aware!

My PRNC will be in April sometime at HMS Caledonia.