TICKETS, Please

Shamed sailor, 28, is kicked out of the Royal Navy and sentenced to a year in prison after running Premier League ticket scam that cheated fans out of nearly £7,000

Killick (Ship/Branch unspeciified)

Ten Years Served

Proffed £7K

EEJIT

The court heard Bayne had served in the Royal Navy for ten years and was even named sailor of the year once while on the frigate HMS St Albans.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cked-Navy-gets-year-prison.html#ixzz51YIvJYgr

Seadog

War Hero
Give him time, he'll appear on this site bleating, saying his crimes were a moment of madness, he's learned his lesson and should be allowed back into the Navy.

'Broken man'? Diddums.

repoman

Lantern Swinger
Hang on ...47 counts of wilful premeditated fraud, basically using the RN to back up his scheme.... and the scumbag only got a year? Jeez, we need some magistrates/judges with the balls to hand out proper sentences, and take nothing into account other than the crimes committed. He's sorry alright, only because he got caught.

Seadog

War Hero
Jeez, we need some magistrates/judges with the balls to hand out proper sentences, and take nothing into account other than the crimes committed.
Magistrates and Judges cannot make it up as they go along and ignore mitigation where there is such. If you've ever read a Judge's sentencing report, his or her 'reasons in writing' you may know that the Judge's work doesn't end when he/she adjourns the court. I suspect that mitigation included being binned from the RN. That won't enhance his CV.

Matey was up before a magistrate. Magistrates are only 'qualified' to hand down 6 months ( 12 in some cases like this one )

Were it up to me, matey would be doing a wet hull inspection.

repoman

Lantern Swinger
Magistrates and Judges cannot make it up as they go along and ignore mitigation where there is such. If you've ever read a Judge's sentencing report, his or her 'reasons in writing' you may know that the Judge's work doesn't end when he/she adjourns the court. I suspect that mitigation included being binned from the RN. That won't enhance his CV.

Matey was up before a magistrate. Magistrates are only 'qualified' to hand down 6 months ( 12 in some cases like this one )

Were it up to me, matey would be doing a hull inspection.
Yeah Mate, see your point. It does however get to the stage where one wants every miserable criminal locked up for good. Just too many do-gooders around to prevent real justice being meted out.

Yeah Mate, see your point. It does however get to the stage where one wants every miserable criminal locked up for good. Just too many do-gooders around to prevent real justice being meted out.
I tend to agree. Being a paid-up sad bastard, I quite enjoy watch the various police TV programmes (Police Interceptors etc). After a high speed chase around large parts of the country, with several police cars and a helicopter involved, the driver eventually collides with a police vehicle and totals his car before running away but then caught by a slavering police dog. The voice-over then announces that the scumbag later pleaded guilty to taking the vehicle without consent, having no insurance or driving licence, dealing class A drugs and supporting Manchester United.
"He was fined £125, banned from driving for six months and given a very serious telling off by the magistrates........"

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
A lot of the pressure not to jail people comes from the Government, you can't shut down multiple numbers of prisons without running out of space.

Knotty

Lantern Swinger
I tend to agree. Being a paid-up sad bastard, I quite enjoy watch the various police TV programmes (Police Interceptors etc). After a high speed chase around large parts of the country, with several police cars and a helicopter involved, the driver eventually collides with a police vehicle and totals his car before running away but then caught by a slavering police dog. The voice-over then announces that the scumbag later pleaded guilty to taking the vehicle without consent, having no insurance or driving licence, dealing class A drugs and supporting Manchester United.
"He was fined £125, banned from driving for six months and given a very serious telling off by the magistrates........"
I know what you mean Wightsparker, it beggers belief. Why bother chasing and arresting these scumbags when the penalties are nothing. I have always paid for insurance, tax, mot etc and feel like a criminal if I have just 3 points on the license for doing 35 in a 30 zone as I'm sure most of us on here do. But why do we bother when the penalties appear to be worth doing the crime!!!

Shamed sailor, 28, is kicked out of the Royal Navy and sentenced to a year in prison after running Premier League ticket scam that cheated fans out of nearly £7,000

Killick (Ship/Branch unspeciified)

Ten Years Served

Proffed £7K

EEJIT

The court heard Bayne had served in the Royal Navy for ten years and was even named sailor of the year once while on the frigate HMS St Albans.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cked-Navy-gets-year-prison.html#ixzz51YIvJYgr
''Devious' John Bayne, 28, sent pictures of his Navy ID badge to victims to 'reassure' them he was not conning them'

Devious? Sent pictures of his ID card! Did he want to get caught or was it a case of 'no-one will complain if I scam them - the numpties'

Hang on ...47 counts of wilful premeditated fraud, basically using the RN to back up his scheme.... and the scumbag only got a year? Jeez, we need some magistrates/judges with the balls to hand out proper sentences, and take nothing into account other than the crimes committed. He's sorry alright, only because he got caught.
don't want him away to long, he would be able to learn more scumbag scams, from his fellow inmates

I know what you mean Wightsparker, it beggers belief. Why bother chasing and arresting these scumbags when the penalties are nothing. I have always paid for insurance, tax, mot etc and feel like a criminal if I have just 3 points on the license for doing 35 in a 30 zone as I'm sure most of us on here do. But why do we bother when the penalties appear to be worth doing the crime!!!
Sometimes I really enjoy the end of the chase, this is when the scroat totals his car amd writes off all his mates and himself. Pure joy, don't have to keep them i prison and they NEVER repeat the offence again.

One thing that pisses me off and amuses me in equal measure is when young chav pleads guilty to driving without having a driving licence, the courts ban him from driving for x amount of months..like that's a punishment to concern said scrote!! He couldn't legally drive in the first place so being told he can't drive is hardly going to deter him.

Seadog

War Hero
Sometimes I really enjoy the end of the chase, this is when the scroat totals his car amd writes off all his mates and himself. Pure joy, don't have to keep them i prison and they NEVER repeat the offence again.
Some young scamps and aspiring rappers - aren't they all - and their older men friends did just that a few weeks back in Leeds. The driver of the stolen car survived and is in the brown and smelly. No collateral damage.

There was a respectful and sympathetic thread on ARRSE.

One thing that pisses me off and amuses me in equal measure is when young chav pleads guilty to driving without having a driving licence, the courts ban him from driving for x amount of months..like that's a punishment to concern said scrote!! He couldn't legally drive in the first place so being told he can't drive is hardly going to deter him.
happened to my brother-in-law many moons ago, when he eventually got his licence all the prior convictions were there.
but I agree if you ban an illegal driver, will it stop him from driving?
case a few years ago, scrote shows up, no license, insurance, mot, goes to court gets banned, leaves court and gets into car and drove away, the copper who had just been in court with him saw this. Then he came up with some reason why he had to drive? That time he went for an holiday.