Thought Police strike again

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Gombear, Jun 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I believe flamethrowers are a suitable device for dealing with pikey scum…

2. You are far too liberal.

3. You can't be derogatory about anyone these days. It's so unfair.
    7 complaints? Some people have too much time on their hands.
    You don't apologise to them, in Norfolk they shoot them....

4. Well the problem with boiling them is you have to dispose of the carcases afterwards…

Flamethrowers kill two pikey birds with one stone… :thumright:

5. Is it anything like road kill? I mean can you eat them? :pukel:

6. Zyklon B is more traditional. :violent2:

7. I am yet to see "Travellers" leave a site in the way in which they found it! A group recently broke into a secured site, barbed wire, locked gate, and by the time they finally moved on, it was covered in excrement, food waste, and general rubbish, that the taxpayer had to pay for to be cleaned up and re-secured.

So if they want to live like pigs, perhaps it would be cheaper for the tax payer to provide them with a sty to live in!

8. Make sure you siphon the fuel for it from there vans first,helps to keep down costs! :thumright:

9. Personally I wouldn't apologise for remarks made by another. That’s up to those who made them in the first place to deal with - assuming their conscience allows them to. On the other hand I'm sitting here in sheer amazement at yet another round of bashing normal people for daring to speak inappropriately.

Fact - people are bloody rude but thankfully not always (usually). We say and do things which cause offence, sometimes by accident and sometimes on purpose. Haven't these people got anything better to do than complain about something which is relatively small in thee big scheme of things?

Kids are getting knifed in schools, soldiers are dying in Afghanistan, members of the Government are regularly abusing their position, it's no longer safe to go out in certain parts of the country and standing up for your home and family is as likely to get you killed as it is arrested. Freedom of speech is all but gone unless you are in a minority group of some description, fuel costs are through the roof and with them the associated costs of living and we're all now looking forward to a strike and subsequent shortages. Immigrants are being allowed to flood into the country and claim all sorts of freebies but still despise us having been given free leave to stay because we have lost control of our borders whilst we continue to cough up and bow down to Europe, following each and every rule and regulation they make whilst watching every other country stick two fingers up at the same rules. Have we become a nation of mugs?

With all of this going on I have to read about seven people complaining about the use of the word Pikey on live TV? Like any other sane person I hate discrimination and abuse of any sort but surely there are more important things to concern ourselves about. As Rosie stated in another posting – some bloody footballer has just killed two kids in a road traffic accident. Now that kind of puts it all in perspective, doesn't it?

SF

10. Interesting that he used the word pikey while describing workers in Canada. That particular word over here, has no derogatory connotations and would have been overlooked by Canuck journos as a quirky piece of Brit vernacular.

So the question is, if a word deemed offensive in one country does it still have the same effect in another country, is it still offensive to use it?

11. Kids are getting knifed in schools, soldiers are dying in Afghanistan, members of the Government are regularly abusing their position, it's no longer safe to go out in certain parts of the country and standing up for your home and family is as likely to get you killed as it is arrested. Freedom of speech is all but gone unless you are in a minority group of some description, fuel costs are through the roof and with them the associated costs of living and we're all now looking forward to a strike and subsequent shortages. Immigrants are being allowed to flood into the country and claim all sorts of freebies but still despise us having been given free leave to stay because we have lost control of our borders whilst we continue to cough up and bow down to Europe, following each and every rule and regulation they make whilst watching every other country stick two fingers up at the same rules

I'm off as soon as the gratuity arrives. Unfortunately that's a few years away.

12. I totally agree with you Silver Fox. Very well articulated.

13. I would not recommend it, Pikeys come in two varieties, the scrawny ratfaced skinny ones with no meat and the lard mountains that are too greasy to consume. All however are unsafe to eat as they are filled with E numbers from all the crisp and other snackfood shit they eat.

14. When I was living on a MQ estate in Rosyth, an Irish gentleman drove up in a Mercedes, top of the range, convertible, current year of manufacture and offered to resurface my "drive" as his team was woking on the Forth Road Bridge and had some spare Tarmac. I said "please do" but when I told him he was on a Service married patch he skedaddled quite quickly.

MOD Plod took an active interest but I don't know whether they found him. Pikey sort of suited him, I think!

15. Same thing happened to my sister when she and my brother-in-law lived on the patch in Hillhead. She called Modplod and the boggy was never seen again.

16. Er, they sell something like that in my local supermarket.... called Cyclon. I wonder if that's what it's for? :twisted:

17. Soap kills them too…