Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thought Police strike again

You can't be derogatory about anyone these days. It's so unfair.
7 complaints? Some people have too much time on their hands.
You don't apologise to them, in Norfolk they shoot them....
 

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Gombear said:
Oil_Slick said:
I believe flamethrowers are a suitable device for dealing with pikey scum…

You are far too liberal.


Well the problem with boiling them is you have to dispose of the carcases afterwards…


Flamethrowers kill two pikey birds with one stone… :thumright:
 

Gombear

War Hero
Oil_Slick said:
Gombear said:
Oil_Slick said:
I believe flamethrowers are a suitable device for dealing with pikey scum…

You are far too liberal.


Well the problem with boiling them is you have to dispose of the carcases afterwards…


Flamethrowers kill two pikey birds with one stone… :thumright:

Is it anything like road kill? I mean can you eat them? :pukel:
 
I am yet to see "Travellers" leave a site in the way in which they found it! A group recently broke into a secured site, barbed wire, locked gate, and by the time they finally moved on, it was covered in excrement, food waste, and general rubbish, that the taxpayer had to pay for to be cleaned up and re-secured.

So if they want to live like pigs, perhaps it would be cheaper for the tax payer to provide them with a sty to live in!
 

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Personally I wouldn't apologise for remarks made by another. That’s up to those who made them in the first place to deal with - assuming their conscience allows them to. On the other hand I'm sitting here in sheer amazement at yet another round of bashing normal people for daring to speak inappropriately.

Fact - people are bloody rude but thankfully not always (usually). We say and do things which cause offence, sometimes by accident and sometimes on purpose. Haven't these people got anything better to do than complain about something which is relatively small in thee big scheme of things?

Kids are getting knifed in schools, soldiers are dying in Afghanistan, members of the Government are regularly abusing their position, it's no longer safe to go out in certain parts of the country and standing up for your home and family is as likely to get you killed as it is arrested. Freedom of speech is all but gone unless you are in a minority group of some description, fuel costs are through the roof and with them the associated costs of living and we're all now looking forward to a strike and subsequent shortages. Immigrants are being allowed to flood into the country and claim all sorts of freebies but still despise us having been given free leave to stay because we have lost control of our borders whilst we continue to cough up and bow down to Europe, following each and every rule and regulation they make whilst watching every other country stick two fingers up at the same rules. Have we become a nation of mugs?

With all of this going on I have to read about seven people complaining about the use of the word Pikey on live TV? Like any other sane person I hate discrimination and abuse of any sort but surely there are more important things to concern ourselves about. As Rosie stated in another posting – some bloody footballer has just killed two kids in a road traffic accident. Now that kind of puts it all in perspective, doesn't it?

SF
 
Interesting that he used the word pikey while describing workers in Canada. That particular word over here, has no derogatory connotations and would have been overlooked by Canuck journos as a quirky piece of Brit vernacular.

So the question is, if a word deemed offensive in one country does it still have the same effect in another country, is it still offensive to use it?
 
Kids are getting knifed in schools, soldiers are dying in Afghanistan, members of the Government are regularly abusing their position, it's no longer safe to go out in certain parts of the country and standing up for your home and family is as likely to get you killed as it is arrested. Freedom of speech is all but gone unless you are in a minority group of some description, fuel costs are through the roof and with them the associated costs of living and we're all now looking forward to a strike and subsequent shortages. Immigrants are being allowed to flood into the country and claim all sorts of freebies but still despise us having been given free leave to stay because we have lost control of our borders whilst we continue to cough up and bow down to Europe, following each and every rule and regulation they make whilst watching every other country stick two fingers up at the same rules



I'm off as soon as the gratuity arrives. Unfortunately that's a few years away.
 

Gombear

War Hero
SILVER_FOX said:
Personally I wouldn't apologise for remarks made by another. That’s up to those who made them in the first place to deal with - assuming their conscience allows them to. On the other hand I'm sitting here in sheer amazement at yet another round of bashing normal people for daring to speak inappropriately.

Fact - people are bloody rude but thankfully not always (usually). We say and do things which cause offence, sometimes by accident and sometimes on purpose. Haven't these people got anything better to do than complain about something which is relatively small in thee big scheme of things?

Kids are getting knifed in schools, soldiers are dying in Afghanistan, members of the Government are regularly abusing their position, it's no longer safe to go out in certain parts of the country and standing up for your home and family is as likely to get you killed as it is arrested. Freedom of speech is all but gone unless you are in a minority group of some description, fuel costs are through the roof and with them the associated costs of living and we're all now looking forward to a strike and subsequent shortages. Immigrants are being allowed to flood into the country and claim all sorts of freebies but still despise us having been given free leave to stay because we have lost control of our borders whilst we continue to cough up and bow down to Europe, following each and every rule and regulation they make whilst watching every other country stick two fingers up at the same rules. Have we become a nation of mugs?

With all of this going on I have to read about seven people complaining about the use of the word Pikey on live TV? Like any other sane person I hate discrimination and abuse of any sort but surely there are more important things to concern ourselves about. As Rosie stated in another posting – some bloody footballer has just killed two kids in a road traffic accident. Now that kind of puts it all in perspective, doesn't it?

SF

I totally agree with you Silver Fox. Very well articulated.
 

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Gombear said:
Oil_Slick said:
Gombear said:
Oil_Slick said:
I believe flamethrowers are a suitable device for dealing with pikey scum…

You are far too liberal.


Well the problem with boiling them is you have to dispose of the carcases afterwards…


Flamethrowers kill two pikey birds with one stone… :thumright:

Is it anything like road kill? I mean can you eat them? :pukel:


I would not recommend it, Pikeys come in two varieties, the scrawny ratfaced skinny ones with no meat and the lard mountains that are too greasy to consume. All however are unsafe to eat as they are filled with E numbers from all the crisp and other snackfood shit they eat.
 
When I was living on a MQ estate in Rosyth, an Irish gentleman drove up in a Mercedes, top of the range, convertible, current year of manufacture and offered to resurface my "drive" as his team was woking on the Forth Road Bridge and had some spare Tarmac. I said "please do" but when I told him he was on a Service married patch he skedaddled quite quickly.

MOD Plod took an active interest but I don't know whether they found him. Pikey sort of suited him, I think!
 
Same thing happened to my sister when she and my brother-in-law lived on the patch in Hillhead. She called Modplod and the boggy was never seen again.
 
BillyButcher said:
Oil_Slick said:
I believe flamethrowers are a suitable device for dealing with pikey scum…

Zyklon B is more traditional. :violent2:

Er, they sell something like that in my local supermarket.... called Cyclon. I wonder if that's what it's for? :twisted:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Puppy lovers should paws for thought to avoid being ‘Petfished’ this Christmas, warns Chief Veterinary Officer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement on freedom of thought, conscience, religion or belief at HDIM 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Pupils find out there’s more to being an engineer than first thought MoD News 0
G The thought of joining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
dustyjack And the winner is......who'd have thought it? History 5
H If you thought the journey to HMS Raleigh was tough!!! Nearest & Dearest 117
MG Maniac Breaking News! Just when you thought it was safe to come out the water! Current Affairs 1
BillyNoMates They thought it was all over. Diamond Lil's 14
N The day I thought I had been raped Diamond Lil's 5
stan_the_man Never thought I would post something like this Diamond Lil's 74
SONAR-BENDER Sad thought processes The Gash Barge 10
stan_the_man I saw this headline and I thought fcuk me I thought Saville had snags Diamond Lil's 1
EarlyChop Just thought you might like... Diamond Lil's 3
Ghost I thought this sort of behaviour was limited to the deepest, darkest South West! Diamond Lil's 1
bigglesbandicoot Just thought Diamond Lil's 8
The_Caretaker Just a thought Miscellaneous 0
stan_the_man Found this and thought of you guys Current Affairs 7
soleil RN Website: "HMS Portland Paws For Thought" The Fleet 0
stan_the_man Found this and thought of you sea dodging feckers Diamond Lil's 9
Stirling Who would have thought..... Diamond Lil's 7
jesse Food for thought Current Affairs 16
NotmeChief Are the Swiss having second thought about Polanski Current Affairs 2
C If you thought the first series of Warship was bad.... The Fleet 6
chieftiff Bank holiday weekend - thought for the day Diamond Lil's 0
trelawney126 Shafted. And we thought they were on Holiday Current Affairs 3
T Worst Jobs You Never Thought You Would Be Doing In The Navy Diamond Lil's 57
Montigny_La_Palisse An interesting thought - RR calendar for Hols4Heroes? Diamond Lil's 248
sgtpepperband Thought For The Day... Current Affairs 27
BillyNoMates And I thought it was a wind-up. Diamond Lil's 12
U Thought for the day... The Corps 16
Naval_Gazer Food for thought Sports and Adventure Training 1
R Thought for the day Current Affairs 7
Topaz Just thought I say... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D RN officer lying dead, was thought to be drunk Current Affairs 21
sgtpepperband In case you thought they'd been quiet... Diamond Lil's 8
sgtpepperband And you thought YOU had a bad day... Diamond Lil's 1
asdic207 Interesting Thought Diamond Lil's 3
chieftiff Thought it was strange but! Site Issues 14
J Thought I'd introduce myself Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
josiecats liked it thought of you guys Diamond Lil's 4
W Thought I would post this for the navy people... Made me :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
josiecats Saw this And Thought Of.........!!! The Gash Barge 5
H True ER Stories....and you thought you were having a bad day Diamond Lil's 9
bigbaddog Never thought I'd see.... The Gash Barge 2
H Food for thought The Quarterdeck 0
angry_mac Thought Id hide from the missus this weekend Diamond Lil's 10
bigbaddog Just a Thought Diamond Lil's 29
Jarhead OMG Dubya's even stupider than we thought Diamond Lil's 33
Maxi_77 And we thought we had congestion problems Current Affairs 5
M I thought I would emply some woman logic!!! Bases / Shore Est 7
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top