Thought for the day...

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Uber-bite, Feb 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone else find it a bit worrying that the privatisation thread by that nails twat has received nearly 3 times as much attention as the news about the death of an oppo on this board?

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well the clue is in the username, UB, but that is a tasteless assumption. Grief cannot be quantified by the number of posts in the thread... :evil:

3. If you think that that thread was long, start one mentioning gays.

4. You need to get a life. What real value does a message of condolence on an unofficial forum that the relatives of the deceased probably don't even know about serve?
    Sure it shows some sense of the sorrow and anger we feel at the senseless death of 'one of ours', but apart from that?
    Nails, probably a serving Royal, on the other hand gives most of us a laugh, juvenile though it maybe.
    Perhaps you're taking your Username a little too literally.

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I very rarely comment on RIP threads, do I feel sad for the poor sod? Yes, of course I do. I even catch myself thinking "please don't let it be another bootneck" when I hear an announcement of another young lad killed in Afghanistan, wrong of me to think that way but, sorry I do.

Some people like to comment, some dont. I wouldn't read anything into it.

6. sgtpepperband

Uber-knob: I notice that you have yet to contribute to any of the many RIP threads yourself. Practice what you preach, or feck off back to ARRSE... :roll:

7. I agree with Wetblobby here, royal is catching it up far beyond anyone else. That's why it winds me up when crab twats or pongos hit out with stuff like "you bootnecks are so up yourself, we all do the same job out there with the same risks"... clearly not.
    SgtPepperBand, i also notice that any time someone posts a thread with a name other than "sgtpepperband is a hoofing bloke" you have a go about something. Are you really that angry?

8. sgtpepperband

No. I'm a pussy cat really... 8)

9. Yes they do mate, it's just Royal is the spearhead of British contribution at the moment, just as the Paras were before them and the Mercians before them. To say anybody is doing more or less than anyone else who has been committed to that role before, or in the future is very, very stupid.

10. The spearhead, exactly. Thats hardly the same job as the RLC's contribution now is it? Also, if all the jobs are equally dangerous why are there so many more bootnecks dead or injured?

11. I think you're being a little to harsh on the other service people doing their jobs out on the frontline. Not just booties have died whilst serving.

You uber bite you're gettting us on is not a particularly good one.

12. It`s not a case of who gets killed where, it doesn`t really matter which force they are in, they have died because a dishonest Politician put them there with lies, any anger should be directed towards him, he should be tried for warcrimes as well. Think about that the next time one of our Servicemen gets killed, then ask yourselves ` Why?`

13. I have a heavy heart when I hear of the death of any of the armed forces out there of any nationality. Although likewise a bootneck fatality is felt harder.

14. My bold, please pay attention.

15. sgtpepperband

16. Ah yes, the Rifles, that regiment of the Army currently fighting side by side with 3 Commando Brigade.

Enough said. :salute:

17. NO, you're an Alsation. :nemo: :lol: