Those were the days

D

Deleted 108567

1622306720692.png
Maidstone mothering her brood in those fine old days.
Her excellent history was later besmirched serving as a prison ship for recalcitrant IRA villains.
She was offered to the Home Office by MOD as a permanent prison ship.
During her naval service she housed between 1,000 and 1400 of the finest technical crews anywhere in the world.
The Home office said she wasn't suitable for civilian prisoners and staff.
The after quarters would house the Governor and Deputy Governor and secretaries in consummate luxury.
The after cabins would house the warders. What was left could only provide space for 50 cells and ancilliary facilities.
Completely uneconomic the Home Office pleaded.
I recall my short time aboard with admiration at the skills of the highest order i saw. 50 prisoners!! What a world we live in.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
View attachment 58451
Maidstone mothering her brood in those fine old days.
Her excellent history was later besmirched serving as a prison ship for recalcitrant IRA villains.
She was offered to the Home Office by MOD as a permanent prison ship.
During her naval service she housed between 1,000 and 1400 of the finest technical crews anywhere in the world.
The Home office said she wasn't suitable for civilian prisoners and staff.
The after quarters would house the Governor and Deputy Governor and secretaries in consummate luxury.
The after cabins would house the warders. What was left could only provide space for 50 cells and ancilliary facilities.
Completely uneconomic the Home Office pleaded.
I recall my short time aboard with admiration at the skills of the highest order i saw. 50 prisoners!! What a world we live in.

More of Normans homoerotic fantasies, The Tales of the Prison Ship this time........:rolleyes:

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I may have met Norman, as I used to go to children's events on Maidstone at Faslane when I was a kid!

Scarey!

I wonder if he was the clown that wanted special cuddles?