Those that have left the RN as a ET-WE

RomanyRanner

Lantern Swinger
4 years? Flk me I spent longer on the crest of 1 wave!
Satellite Engineer, sounds impressive. But as mentioned to be an engineer requires University training and a degree. I suspect our young lad is a satellite dish installer. Even technician would be a stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seadog

War Hero
4 years? Flk me I spent longer on the crest of 1 wave!
Satellite Engineer, sounds impressive. But as mentioned to be an engineer requires University training and a degree. I suspect our young lad is a satellite dish installer. Even technician would be a stretch.
RR, there are other qualifications that meet the Engineering Council's academic requirement in full for IEng. University training /degree is not required. Same for CEng.

Installing top boxes and satellite dishes doesn't qualify one for a NASA ID card.

RomanyRanner

Lantern Swinger
RR, there are other qualifications that meet the Engineering Council's academic requirement in full for IEng. University training /degree is not required. Same for CEng.

Installing top boxes and satellite dishes doesn't qualify one for a NASA ID card.
HND plus some extra schooling covered it for me.
Mind you. It's not like I ever worked in the field after the mob.
Just a piece of paper that I attach to my CV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't got a degree but I have an I Eng, also have a HNC and a handful of city and guilds (that aren't worth the paper they are written on)

Killicks course ( C and G level 2)

Harrier GR9 course ( C and G level 3)

So a year at Daedalus was worth less than 6 weeks in the Harrier school!

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(

Last edited:

SWS Fag

Lantern Swinger
I haven't got a degree but I have an I Eng, also have a HNC and a handful of city and guilds (that aren't worth the paper they are written on)

Killicks course ( C and G level 2)

Harrier GR9 course ( C and G level 3)

So a year at Daedalus was worth less than 6 weeks in the Harrier school!

Is it worth registering with an institute ( I ENG etc ....) I'm eligible to but don't know if it's worth my while.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Is it worth registering with an institute ( I ENG etc ....) I'm eligible to but don't know if it's worth my while.

I suggest you get it while you can, the process only gets more difficult.

I'm lucky as my employer pays my fees so I bang in on my company credit card every year.

SWS Fag, it all depends what you want to do when you go outside. I did all the registering while still in the mob, using all the bits of paper from Mech's course, and I think I was a Fellow of something or other. After doing a degree later, I ended up, much to my surprise, let alone other people's, as a CPhys!

It did however pave the way to a decent and interesting job.

SWS Fag

Lantern Swinger
SWS Fag, it all depends what you want to do when you go outside. I did all the registering while still in the mob, using all the bits of paper from Mech's course, and I think I was a Fellow of something or other. After doing a degree later, I ended up, much to my surprise, let alone other people's, as a CPhys!

It did however pave the way to a decent and interesting job.
Just had a wee look at the website, I can register engtech.