Those Mc Canns!!!!!

GSSR_Vvd

Lantern Swinger
Here i was just sitting at my computer listening to the radio when i heard about this story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7068760.stm

Now it is about....yes you guessed it the Mc Canns, i have no problem with publicity for missing children but what i think is wron is the fact that they get so much attention whan the are so many other children missing.

You don't expect to donate to a good cause for it to be used for personal gain!!!!!!!! :rambo:

brigham600

War Hero
To be brutally honest, I am sick and tired of reading/hearing about this family now. My heart goes out to them with regard to their missing daughter, but there are literally thousands of children missing and what makes the McCanns so bloody special.

I would not wish the loss of a child on anyone, but enough is enough please.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
slim said:
I did not donate any money to the fund. However I wonder how those that did feel about the official spokeswoman, Justine McGuinness, who is reported to have been paid £51,000 in salary and expenses. She has now resigned so not a bad little earner fora few months work.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?storyID=8695

McGuinness was the Libdem candidate for West Dorset in the last election, thankfully she didn't get in.
I suspect that she quit the McCanns job when she thought that there was a general election looming before Broon lost his bottle

I have a suspicion that they are going through the whole "denial" thing and suppressing their grief through frantic activity. We see evidence of this behaviour all over the place now. A more profound expression of anguish and grief than, but similar too, a bunch of flowers left at a slot site. That said, poor buggers; I wish them peace.

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
I really don't see the problem here. The funds were raised / donated to enable them to find their daughter. To do this they need time and space to manoeuvre in; having to go back to work to earn a living will impede this so it is entirely right they should be able to use the funds to cover the costs of advertising, movements, accommodation and other living expenses whilst they continue to search for the kid. Mortgages and other living expenses still need to be paid and if they are not in a position to earn then it is entirely appropriate they should be able to utilise the fund to do this. This has never been a secret and other fighting funds have been used in a similar manner over the years.

What would be wrong of course would be if they used it for holidays, spending sprees, flash cars, gifts to others, etc but this is not the case.

They have been through a hell of a lot and continue to bear it. That they have maintained dignity and, IMHO, honesty and integrity throughout only serves to validate their use of funds to cover their mortgage. FFS what were you all expecting? For them to have their house repossessed and end up living on the streets? Get a grip!!

SF

SAM_The_Man_Dicosta

Lantern Swinger
SILVER_FOX said:
I really don't see the problem here. The funds were raised / donated to enable them to find their daughter. To do this they need time and space to manoeuvre in; having to go back to work to earn a living will impede this so it is entirely right they should be able to use the funds to cover the costs of advertising, movements, accommodation and other living expenses whilst they continue to search for the kid. Mortgages and other living expenses still need to be paid and if they are not in a position to earn then it is entirely appropriate they should be able to utilise the fund to do this. This has never been a secret and other fighting funds have been used in a similar manner over the years.

What would be wrong of course would be if they used it for holidays, spending sprees, flash cars, gifts to others, etc but this is not the case.

They have been through a hell of a lot and continue to bear it. That they have maintained dignity and, IMHO, honesty and integrity throughout only serves to validate their use of funds to cover their mortgage. FFS what were you all expecting? For them to have their house repossessed and end up living on the streets? Get a grip!!

SF

Yeah well, they could maybe consider downsizing from a four bedroom to a three! :blob6:

R.I.P Madeleine, your fate will become known someday!

Shame on your "loving" parents.

The parents were exceptionally naive, at best and exceptionally reckless at worst, had they come from a lower class background I do wonder if their other children would have been taken into care.

Leaving your young children, not just out of eyeshot, but out of earshot too, whilst drinking is awful parenting. How much would a Nanny cost?

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
They were incredibly naive, reckless and a whole lot more and by God they are paying a hell of a price for their failings. It doesn't diminish the fact that we should support them in every way - if only to help get the child back. We can always worry about the legality and stupidity of their joint actions later on down the line.

SF

NotmeChief

Banned
SILVER_FOX said:

SF

I have to agree with this post in it's entirety.