THIS WEEKS WINNER OF THE "MOST STUPID" AWARD GOES TO ....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by SILVER_FOX, Oct 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TAKEN FROM THE BBC NEWS SITE

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/7679739.stm

130mph web video biker is jailed
    A motorcyclist who posted footage of himself on the internet site YouTube speeding at more than 130mph (209km/h) and performing stunts has been jailed.

Sandor Ferenci, a 28-year-old carer, was spotted riding dangerously in roads around Banbury, Oxfordshire.

Police said it was later discovered he had posted the footage on the video-sharing website.

At Oxford Crown Court on Monday, Ferenci, of Fulwell Close, Banbury, was jailed for 12 weeks.

He was spotted doing wheelies, skids and racing on the opposite side of the road on the A422 Banbury to Brackley road on 10 and 15 June.

'Lunatic manoeuvres'

He was reported by a motorist, who had made a note of his number plate.

The court was told that when officers called at Ferenci's home, before they had a chance to say anything he asked, "is this about the YouTube video?".

The footage, which was played to the court, had been filmed by a friend from various angles including from a footbridge.

Brian Payne, prosecuting, said it was impossible to attribute an exact speed but police have estimated he may have reached 130mph (209km/h).

Ferenci was disqualified from driving for two years and ordered to take an extended driving test after he pleaded guilty to two counts of dangerous driving.

Judge Terence Maher told him that he had carried out "lunatic and grossly irresponsible manoeuvres at considerable speed" on his Yamaha R6 bike.

The footage has since been removed from YouTube.

2. Eejit. As a recently ex-biker who had "fun" on the roads, I think this guy is a bit of a plank. There are stacks of track days available for this sort of thing. He gives the rest of us a bad name.

3. He clearly made the people around Banbury cross!

(Shan't take my coat off, I'm not stopping)

4. The real problem is that this type of biker is becoming more and more common.

5. Re: THIS WEEKS WINNER OF THE "MOST STUPID" AWARD GOES TO ...

That's the British education system for you :)

6. Had Mr Ferenci slotted himself during these stunts, I wonder what blame the Coroner could have attached to Senior Officers in the Armed Forces.

Bearing in mind that the lad is a "Carer" by trade, who the hell was supposed to be caring for him? To do that on his own, traceable, bike then post the evidence on the Web hardly makes him the brightest star in the firmament.

7. Clearly they failed to recruit the numpty

8. I share similar sentiments about the modern off-roaders who churn up the soil rather than driving responsibly. Sadly the government listened to Greenpeace before they listened to disabled people for whom off-roading offered one of the only ways still left to see the otherwise inaccessible parts of our landscape.

9. Ah yes; the joys of sensible "geeen laning". Always taking great care not to frighten the horses.

10. And the difference between this plank and any other 'Normal' motor cyclist is.........??

or in the words of LukeP...Kill em all! Let God sort em out!

11. 'Could solve the organ donor shortage.

12. Re: THIS WEEKS WINNER OF THE "MOST STUPID" AWARD GOES TO ...

So Mr Ferenci will be cooling his heels in chokey for a few weeks and has been asked not to drive for a while after that. Big deal.Another drain on the tax payer.Why not hand out a big fine and ban him for 12 years say at least he'l be off the road for a good while and may it may deter any other idiots from having a go.

13. Confiscating his bike would be a bloody good gesture to those law abiding citizens amongst us.

SF

14. Re: THIS WEEKS WINNER OF THE "MOST STUPID" AWARD GOES TO ...

Two years ago on the A38 going through Plymouth there was a Suzuki rider pulling wheelies at speed.

He then proceeded to put his front wheel over the boot of a green Rover car. I was driving on the inside lane at the time and backed right off.

I ride a bike but when you start to endanger others it's fatal and not funny at all.

If you want to do silly speeds - do what the sensible riders do and book a track day at one of the raciing curcuits and then give it some. Even then the marshalls don't allow dangerous behaviour.