This month's pay

GCYZ

Lantern Swinger
Old_Hand said:
rosinacarley said:
Has anyone been paid today? Or has JPA exceeded its expectations!!
I was told today that pay would go in on the 16th. I'm not holding my breath though.
We were told the 10th. Got Paid today. Suppose it takes a few days to clear etc?

GCYZ

Lantern Swinger
mazza_magoo said:
pay? we get paid as well as all this fun? 8O
Not sure if it is an urban myth or not, but there was a dit doing the rounds at my unit when I joined, about 2 wives meeting in town one Saturday. Conversation went something along the lines of;

Wife 1: 'Your husband at sea this weekend'
Wife 2: 'Yes, yours too?'
Wife 1: 'Yes. But I suppose the pay comes in handy.'
Wife 2: 'They get paid?????'

(don't burst my bubble, I was young and impressionable when I heard it and the Chief told me it was true!)

I hear now it is definitely Thursday and AGAIN at the beginning of Dec!

oh joy! Like a man, you wait for one for ages and 2 come along at once

dondon

MIA
Thought you all did it for the fun of it ,

Bye the way has anyone heard from Wompingwillow lately , if your out there Womp's give us a shout ,

We were told the weekend before last that we have a contract with the RNR and that we should consider it our second job, not a hobby.

They want professional and committed people in their Reserve? well get the basics right first.

If your employer did not pay you on time what would YOU do? Kick up a right bloody stink I am sure .... why should we be any different?

trehorn

War Hero
We were pre-warned that there was a distinct possibility that this months pay would be FUBAR'd but our perminant staff were working hard to sort it.

Navylark

Badgeman
In the bank this morning that's if HMG is the new name for the BGC?
Figure seems right too. Before we start dripping, JPA affects the whole RN and I know some of the some Permanent Staff who have already had serious cock-ups with pay as a result. Now that is far more unacceptable. Let's get this straight - THEIR MORTAGES DO DEPEND ON IT. Their attitude and motivation has a direct impact on us.

OK we have a right to be paid and especially get expenses back, but put it in perspective.

Also IMO our unit is lucky to have the best bunch of PSIs that I've known and they do work hard. If they don't in other units then through your div system take it up and get the XO do do his job properly.

M1113

Midshipman
You think you are hard done to. I know of someone who has run out of man days and is doing weekends for free and not getting any TEs.

Tas-ape

Lantern Swinger
World wide, my company employs over sixty-five thousand people of various international ethnic origins. Pay days are the first, perhaps the second of the month, that's in the bank ready to spend. If, as in the UK, you have various bank holidays, weekends and etc they actually pay you a few days early.
A sub-contract company who carries out various duties in the field have a payroll of perhaps one hundred (Brits) who perhaps get their wonga on the fifteenth to eighteenth of the month...............the question is............what happens to that money (considerable amount) whilst it is in transit. :twisted:

M1113 said:
You think you are hard done to. I know of someone who has run out of man days and is doing weekends for free and not getting any TEs.
We are now back to the old chesnut, is he under the NDA?

But that is absolutely outrageous.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T First Month's Pay Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
creeper Do You Want To Pay 100 pounds Per Month Car Tax? Current Affairs 21
MoD_RSS TUI UK to complete refunds by the end of the month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofsted visits to schools and colleges to begin this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government has changed the law so most renters have a 6 month notice period MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) forum launches this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Phased return to Survey and Inspection in the UK this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement on Pride Month 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Drivers granted 7 month photocard licence extension MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra month to claim for farm payments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Companies to receive 3-month extension period to file accounts during COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two month window to claim for farm payments for 2020 opens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-US trade negotiations to start this month as Minister of State for Trade Policy visits US East coast MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Iconic blue passports return next month MoD News 0
soleil Stoll/RBL/Poppy Factory - Veterans' Drop-In - Second Wednesday Of Every Month - London NW1 Charity 1
MoD_RSS Construction of Helston’s new £2million flood defence begins this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 'Get quacking' - with less than a month to go MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Month-long crackdown to improve road safety on M62 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wages outpace inflation for the 18th consecutive month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wages overtake inflation for 16th month in a row – fastest real terms growth since 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Wages beat inflation for 15th month in a row with record employment in April MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: One month to go before introduction of Making Tax Digital for VAT MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: David Mundell celebrates LGBT History Month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 12 month prison sentence for man who tipped 100 tonnes of waste at school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Self Assessment deadline: less than one month to go MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Self Assessment deadline: less than one month to go MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Eighth month of UK wage growth with disabled employment at record high MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Eighth month of UK wage growth with disabled employment at record high MoD News 0
R Claimed within the 3 month limit Finance & Pensions 2
vauxhall AFF Launches Money Month Finance & Pensions 0
R medical/3 month diary! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Flatcapper83 It's been 14 month since my interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
higthepig The month I joined........................ The Quarterdeck 2
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces Day: one month to go MoD News 0
Sgt Jobsearch Contract Quality Administrator (6 Month FTC) - Raf Wyton - £18,000 Pro Rata The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Fletchrfc How often do submarines stop at ports during a 6 month tour? Submariners 49
DemobJob Technical Instructor - Aerospace Ground Equipmen - £7,000 per month The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
lethal lady PRNC next month Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 49
FunkyJunky 9 Month deployments and other stuff Current Affairs 217
Sgt Jobsearch Driver (Light Vehicle) 6 Month FTC - Staffordshire - £13,999 pro rata The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Vehicle Technician (3 Month FTC) - Oxford - £25,935 Pro Rata The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
stan_the_man Just come off a month under pun for being a troll on RR The Gash Barge 22
soleil The Engineer: "This Month In 1955: The Steam Catapult" The Fleet Air Arm 0
A Arctic Convoy Medal Out Next Month! Current Affairs 2
soleil Daily Record: "HMS Blyth Given Great Send-Off As Ship Sets Sail For Six Month Tour" The Fleet 3
TotalAlien AIB fail and a 12 month wait you say? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS RFA Wave Knight returns from 11-month deployment Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Sea King returns to duties after 18-month reconstruction Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS RFA Wave Ruler returns to UK after 21-month deployment Current Affairs 1
P Starting next month, but gained weight... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 41