This may seem like a silly question...but

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by ProudNavyWife(tooBe), Jan 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My fiance and I are getting married on the 5th May, he passed out on the 18th January. He would like to get wed in his uniform does he have to get permission for this? and does he need/have to invite anyone offical?

Thanking you in advance.
  2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

No he doesn't need permission anymore and no he doesn't need to invite anyone official, he should of course remember to invite you :lol:
  3. Congratulations, no need to ask permission to wear uniform or invite anyone official.
    In the old days the black bow which tied the black silk used to be replaced with a white one. Hoe its done now I don't know. If he's inviting some of his navy mates they can also wear rig. It may even be possible for them to sign out cutlasses from the armoury (sometimes happenned in my day) so that they can form an arch for you.
    A serving member may be able to give you more info.
    Have a great day
  4. Thank you for your help, glad he can get married in his uniform with no hassle.
  5. He shouldn't need permission, but it wouldn't harm to let his DO know. For ceremonial stuff such as forming the arch, guard of honour etc, get him to contact the ceremonial training staff at his Phase 2 establishment. They're usually very happy to advise and should have a stock of cutlasses that he can sign out for the day.
  6. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

He will need to take your Marriage Cert to UPO after the event (not immediately!), I don't think JPA Self Service Manager has a box for: tick when Married.
  7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

8. All the very best for the 5th of May , hope everything goes great for you's both , :wink:
  9. Congrats and good luck.
  10. Just out of interest, why are you asking a question that he should already have an answer to, does he have you under his thumb already?
    By the way, if you are really intent on staying with the lazy bastard good luck. You will most certainly need it.

I hate to be a sour puss, but wise up.

Nice to see all the positive responses from the people on this site. :roll:
  11. i got married in rig and as well as the white ribbon he can also sign out white gaters and gloves.
    it looks the buisness.
  12. Sorry shipmate, did I get the advice wrong? :oops: :wink:
  13. Thank you for the advice, and Dabs I only ask because some members of my family and friends who went to weddings with the groom in uniform they had to get permission (although not sure how long ago this was and it was RAF and Army)

I just wanted to check, do not want anything going wrong last minute.

He is not Lazy, he works very hard. I asked on here because he is moving blocks all the time so has a new PO, DO every week and as I believed you guys and girls would know it seemed easier.

Thanks for the positive support I am sure it will be a great day :razz:

14. Your more than welcome "PNW" , never be afraid to ask on this site , most of us are OK folks , 5th of May will soon be here , best of luck , :wink:
  15. Congratulations!!
  16. Thank you I am very much looking forward to it! and I am very pleased he has choosen to wear his unifrom rather then a frock coat suit, the Navy's uniform is by far the best and he looks bloody sexy in it!

Although from seeing him get changed after the passing out parade, it could prove tricky to remove! LOL sorry too much information there! :oops:

I shall tell him about the white ribbom, gaters and gloves the he can decide if he wants gaters and boots or shoes and no gaters.

What do you think looks best?

The cutlasses idea sounds ace but not sure enough Navual personnal will be there to pull it off.
  17. He'll need a white belt as well "PNM" , all available in Establihments , he will look the biz I'me sure , as will yourself ,
  18. Too damn right!! :razz:

Hope it all goes well.