This is not a bite!

Discussion in 'Bloody Computers' started by SONAR-BENDER, Dec 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK - so I see all the rich kids, with, at the end of their posts 'Sent from my iPad'. This must be modifyable, as some have 'Sent from my iPad using big fat fingers'.

So, having bought a new toy, I eagerly went to M&S in Glasgow - free WiFi for me while she shops - and logged onto good old RR. Sent a reply and couldn't wait to see what the blue writing would say!

Would it be 'Sent from my Galaxy Tablet' or perhaps 'Sent from Galaxy 7 using Navy Net App'........ oooooh, I was SO excited. Maybe even 'Sent from Sonar Bender's Galaxy, far, far away using fatty digits' but as I hadn't asked it to do that, it seemed unlikely!

Logged out, came home, logged on.......... nada, nothing - just a 'normal' reply.

So how is a chap supposed to brag about their new toy?

Except by writing posts like this, wink!!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. OMM

OMM War Hero

Because you replied on the app I don't think it makes a difference, I'm currently on iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone.
  3. You need to adjust your sig depending on if your using the web browser or an app.

For instance the app tapatalk has an auto signature

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Sent from my Etchasketch using both dials!
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Regardless of the signature, iPads really aren't that great! Yes they have a good OS and are practically impossible to get viruses on, but android is alot less restrictive.

I can download movies,music,pictures straight to my tablet which I of course paid for and then watch them.

None of this iTunes hoohaa.

Googles nexus range is in my opinion the best.

Just bought their Nexus 5 and will never go back to iOS

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Edit: had a little chuckle when I saw my signature come up haha! Ironic. Touche.

Going to change it when I can think of a witty one liner
  6. Could I suggest, betterlatethannever.
  7. Tell that to my boss!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  8. Wheredidyourspacebargo?:

Witty one liner

9. Don't get me started on iTunes ... 'er indoors has an iPad paid for by work ... only to get stuff on or off it she has to go via iTunes - plugged it in last night to update a few things and iTunes managed to screw up the USB ports settings so the external drive is now an expensive doorstop (few choice words muttered under breath while sorting out the monumental screw up that iTunes makes every damn time it flashes up!) .... Apple sh*te!
  10. Exactly. I have had iPads in the past along with iphones and iPods so I'm not completely one sided. Didn't like android till I bought a nexus 7 as a little experiment and when I found my feet after a few hours I haven't looked back. So much I've actually gave the iPhone to a family member. Picked myself up a nexus 5 earlier too.

Don't get me wrong if you buy cheap shitty devices. Ie 'smart' phones for 60 pound they're gonna be slow and crash. A good bit of hardware goes a long way and helps get the full potential out of android !

I should be a spokesman for Mr android

Witty one liner
  11. We'll there ya go! I've had a Nexus 7 for over a year now .. wouldn't change it for anything. Android is your friend!