This day 5th April

Thanks for this Scouse ... was on the damn thing ... trying to get my head down in the Sick Bay (somewhere on 2 deck on the Port side under No 4 spot) after travelling up from Guz half the night after some moron thought it was a good idea to move us all down from Haslar to Guz the day before. :)

I was sat in the crewroom at Aldergrove, we all were having a laugh watching everyone sail for a war that wouldn't happen... 1 week later I was on a flight to Ascension... I thought "that will teach me to laugh"...

I was getting ready to do my 'O' levels, but with my application form all filled in and ready to go once I got the results :)

actually I left the Hermes in 1966.
What a great year; I left my mother's womb in 1966 :iconbiggrin:

Last edited:
Yeps, a good year Pontius, demob and then the world cup ( which we won ) lol. Then to work in the steel industry in sunny Scunny, all the time you were nappy bound.

:laughing5:
I was getting ready to do my 'O' levels, but with my application form all filled in and ready to go once I got the results :)

What a great year; I left my mother's womb in 1966 :iconbiggrin:
was listening in to the World Cup on the mess tannoy tuned into the World service in Sambawang dockyard on the Mighty Vic:laughing5: