This day 5th April

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by scouse, Apr 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HMS Hermes and HMS Invincible sail from Pompey in 82

Attached Files:

2. Thanks for this Scouse ... was on the damn thing ... trying to get my head down in the Sick Bay (somewhere on 2 deck on the Port side under No 4 spot) after travelling up from Guz half the night after some moron thought it was a good idea to move us all down from Haslar to Guz the day before. :)
  3. I was sat on an ASW barrier between Rathlin and the Mull of Kintyre.
  4. Why did she need the assistance of a tug to clear the harbour entrance ???????
  5. I was sat in the crewroom at Aldergrove, we all were having a laugh watching everyone sail for a war that wouldn't happen... 1 week later I was on a flight to Ascension... I thought "that will teach me to laugh"...
  6. I was in the golf club at Wrexham, watching all the action on TV, actually I left the Hermes in 1966.
  7. I was getting ready to do my 'O' levels, but with my application form all filled in and ready to go once I got the results :)

What a great year; I left my mother's womb in 1966 :iconbiggrin:
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  8. wal

wal Badgeman

1966, I joined up. 82 I was down south as they say.
  9. Yeps, a good year Pontius, demob and then the world cup ( which we won ) lol. Then to work in the steel industry in sunny Scunny, all the time you were nappy bound.
  10. :laughing5:
    was listening in to the World Cup on the mess tannoy tuned into the World service in Sambawang dockyard on the Mighty Vic:laughing5:
  11. Used to do broadcasts on the Vic, so used to know that SRE studio well scouse.:rr:
  12. remember having a request played the day before we left....We got to get out of this place by the Animals :D